Anyone on/starting Kayla Itsines BBG?

Options
I am thinking of starting the workout and nutrition guide in April. Looking for others who are in the same boat to keep each other motivated :)

Replies

• lycheenmango
    lycheenmango Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    No one? :(
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2!
  • gkates202
    gkates202 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am on week 7 ☺️ x
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    Awesome! Any tips or advice? I have seen the transformation results on Kayla's site and they are amazing :)
  • Kristiannag_
    Kristiannag_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two! I purchased both BBG and nutrition guide.. I feel that the nutritional guide isn't worth the extra $60. You just have to eat healthy.. Cut out fast food and junk food. Eat chicken or fish and only have red meat once a week. Eat good carbs like pasta and good fats like avocados yogurts nuts and brown rice. Get your sugars from fruits and eat lots of veggies. I've totally cut off all drinks and have stuck to pure water.. This has helped my face clear up and hair grow longer :) I hope this helps!
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    Hey @kristiannag_ thanks for the information. I start my pre-training week 1 on April 6. Have been eating pretty clean but was mainly on low carb. Will need to include more calories to sustain the workouts! I agree with you on the nutrition guide... it is good but not amazing or eye opening.

How do you find the workouts? Are they super hard?
  • Kristiannag_
    Kristiannag_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @lycheenmango‌ best of luck! :) And at first while I was looking at the circuits they seemed pretty easy but once I did them they do get your heart racing and made me sweat and lose my breath so it is so far a good straight to the point workout. I feel a little sore the next day after circuits but stretching after every workout helps a lot with that!
  • nineteeneightyseven
    Options
    I'm currently getting over a chest infection but some work friends and I arelooking at doing a cleanse afterwards; god knows my immune system needs it! The BBG is what I hope to start incorporating post cleanse!

Looking to hear people's reviews on their first couple of weeks.
  • kellymcgarr7
    Options
    It's so hard but the results look amazing! I've been trying to follow it but it really is more difficult than it seems
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I just finished Week 5 (well I have one more LISS to do tomorrow) I am not following the nutrition part but following the workouts! I love it!
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    @Kristiannag_ and @FitFunFabulousNicole - I am on BBG PreTraining Week 1 - Wednesday..... and super sore :smile:

One question though ... so essentially I did 4x7 minute rounds. Only issue is during each 7 minute duration I couldn't repeat the set of 4 exercises - was just too exhausted (Kayla's guide mentions to do as many reps as possible in 7 minutes). Did you guys experience that or am I not pushing myself enough?
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey @lycheenmango Sorry I just saw this :) I am just wrapping up Week 6 and have hardly EVER done a repeat of all 4 exercises TWICE in the 7 mins. Honestly I think I have done it just once. Do what you can for the 7 mins and repeat as much as the circuit that you can. Most of the time, I finish all 4 exercises and then repeat the first 2(or sometimes 3) within the 7 mins.
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    Gotcha .. this helps!!! Thanks so much @FitFunFabulousNicole :) Need to push myself a little more next week!
  • greysa1
    greysa1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 5 today :)
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    @greysa1 - Awesome!! How has it been so far?

I realized my knees start acting up when I do lunges, need to work on my form/posture.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the program (diet & exercise) but the diet seemed too restrictive for my needs. I hate to say but I never started the workout program either because I don't have the necessary equipment & neither does my gym :( No kettle bell, no bosu ball, no double bench (or any I can move around). Plus the combos of all the workouts is super complicated.
    Honestly, to me it looks like a bunch of girls who don't have much weight to lose but want to tone up. But if you stick with it, I'm sure it can't hurt!
  • koqueta531
    koqueta531 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I got the nutrition plan and exercise plan but I don't have the pre training part.. where can I find that? Or can anyone email it to me? I'd appreciate it. koqueta531@yahoo.com