Losing weight after turning 30

Options
My name is Angie and im having a problem lossing weight. I was always small (size 4-7) and weighed 117 pound till I turned 30. After that I begain to gain weight and by time I realized it I was 186.4 3years later. It's new to me and I need to find a way to lose weight in my belly and my chin.If anyone has gone though this or is going though it now like me please join and/or add me to your friends list its help each other get the weight off and keep it off.

Replies

• itsmeGennie
    itsmeGennie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just turned thirty but never been through that. I've also always been small but I'm a runner. Have you fine to the doctor to make sure it isn't a hormone issue that needs to be managed?
  • angiewilson946
    angiewilson946 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started birth control and every time I went to the doctor(every 3 months for 2 years) I have gained 10 pounds till May 2014 and I said no more birth control because my last weight in I was 186.4. Now I'm a size 13/Xl and my feet have grown to a size 9/12- 10 according to the shoe.I use to go to the YMCA and work out and I run a half a mile but the holidays pretty much slowed that down for me, now I need help with creating healthy meals and drinks for myself. Please help if you have anything suggestions on how to get the weight off and keep it off!!!
  • angiewilson946
    Options
    Please add me to your friends list I need all the motivation I can get!!!!
  • angiewilson946
    Options
    Hey! Just turned thirty but never been through that. I've also always been small but I'm a runner. Have you fine to the doctor to make sure it isn't a hormone issue that needs to be managed?
    YesvI did and it was she said the birth control make some gain weight so I got off of it
  • angiewilson946
    Options
    Its been a year now and I'm up to 195.4 I've lost weight but I really need to reach my 185 goal. I stopped working out when my sister passed away in may. She was my workout partner. Now I'm trying to get back on track and will need much motivation.
  • RueJue
    RueJue Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been the same since getting over 30. In 5 years I have put on 2 stone and I find it more difficult to lose weight these days. Since starting MFP I have lost 6lbs and I have another 1 stone and 8lbs to go! I find logging food and exercise as well as having people on here for support a real motivation. I even went to an aerobics class yesterday - something I never thought I would have the confidence to do going alone, without friends. You will do it and lots of us on here can support you!
  • thelordfamily08
    thelordfamily08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm new, now I'm the opposite. I have always been big, my largest I was 16 and a half stone, size 22 (uk) in 2008, 2009 I had my first baby and lost 1 and a half stone through sickness, then stayed the same and had another baby in 2012 and stayed the same and I was approximately a size 18, was really depressed and angry with myself, so I joined diet chef and lost loads of weight getting me down to 10st 10lb! Around size 8(uk).. Then I became obsessed with weight loss and also wanting to eat all the crap I used to eat and developed bulimia. I was in a bad place but with the help of my family I have become better. I've since had baby no.3 3 months ago, my weight is higher at 13st 2lb, and was in London at the weekend and ended up crying in the street because of my weight, I suffer with anxiety and had a fear that my husband would want to leave me and my kids hate me because of the weight gain, but he's reassured me that won't happen! He brought me a Apple Watch to keep me motivated and complete my daily tasks while eating "normally" without the crap food. My father passed away 7 weeks ago and I am finding it very hard but I am running every night, even in the pooring rain and I keep him in my mind to keep me going, he was 65 so young to die but he also had health issues and didn't take care of himself which lead to kidney failure causing his death, I can't be that person and when I run I can hear my kids voices cheering me on, my husbands voice, my dads and the rest of my family's but also I hear mine telling me it's not far, you will be pleased you done this, no more "I don't want to go out, i feel horrendous" please keep going. 1 road walked or run is better then none :)