Do you ever?

Options
Taniab43
Taniab43 Posts: 42 Member
edited March 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Do you ever eat a cheat meal, or a food that isn't actually healthy, such as pizza, cake or cookies one day. Then the next day you get on the scale and you are up a pound or 2? Do you think this is actual fat gain or just water or your bodies reaction as inflammation to the crap you ate? Oh ya, and you only ate a slice of pizza or a couple of cookies.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    :huh: :noway:
  • Taniab43
    Options
    B):# no?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Taniab43 wrote: »

No
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Nope
    There are some days i eat ice cream and all the sweets/carbs, but instill stay the same weight or within my weight range. I weigh myself in the morning 12 hours after my last meal, no scientific or medical reason, thats just me feeling like it would give me a more accurate weight
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Would you withhold pizza, cake or cookies from a starving person because they are "unhealthy"?
    Please state exactly why any of these foods are unhealthy in context of your overall diet and what dosage is required to make them unhealthy.

How many calories over maintenance are required to add two pounds of fat?
    It's not "inflammation" - it's simply water fluctuation.

Speaking seriously in context of this thread and also your cheat meal thread - you really have some serious issues around food that are making you obsessive and unhappy. Would be sensible to seek some professional help.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Math. One pound = 3500 calories. Unless that piece of cake is 3500 calories over your maintenance calories... nope.
  • Taniab43
    Options

No

Cool!

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates. And yeah, I eat things every day that aren't 'healthy' - 1/4 cup of ice cream, a slice of pizza, I had two great brownies today. Tasty food in small amounts that fit in fine with a very well rounded diet.
  • Taniab43
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    Weight fluctuates. And yeah, I eat things every day that aren't 'healthy' - 1/4 cup of ice cream, a slice of pizza, I had two great brownies today. Tasty food in small amounts that fit in fine with a very well rounded diet.

Great!

• Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    No, unless you're eating 3500 calories worth of that food. It could very well just be a weight fluctuation - happens all the time and is normal.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Math. One pound = 3500 calories. Unless that piece of cake is 3500 calories over your maintenance calories... nope.

Piece of cake, the whole cake, whatever. :wink:
  • jenniferjohnsonament
    jenniferjohnsonament Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people have preconceived notions of what are or aren't healthy. During my journey I've had people get on me about eating something that isn't "on your diet." As long as you are tracking and keeping your calories in check for the WEEK..eat on whether it be carrot sticks, bread, or dessert.
  • lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nope......scale is usually always the lowest of the week (I weigh daily) after pizza and beer night (often followed by bowl of chocolate ice cream w/peanut butter) which is almost every Thursday. It's the morning that I think the scale will be down (ie busy day prior and end day w/big deficit AND don't eat after supper) that it's usually up.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Happens to me a lot. I chalk it up to water weight, but not because the food caused inflammation (whatever that means).
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have a small ice cream each night for dessert. Sometimes I have a bread roll with dinner. It's within my deficit and I'm losing steadily. Like others have said, weight fluctuates regularly.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Order a pizza. Get it in a box. Take it home. Put it on a scale. Weigh it. 3 pounds.

Weigh yourself. 150 pounds.

Put the pizza in your hands. Step on the scale, pizza in hand. Weigh you and the pizza in your hand. 153 pounds. You (150) plus pizza (3) equals 153.

Step off the scale.

Consume pizza.

Step on the scale.

What does it read?

What have you learned from this exercise?
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options

The box is a little dry - I needed a lot of water to get it down.
  • Taniab43
    Options
    Lol.... The answers from people on this are priceless!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Lol.... The answers from people on this are priceless!

Your OP was pretty special to be honest...
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    chouflour wrote: »

The box is a little dry - I needed a lot of water to get it down.

Love it!
    And now I understand why pizza is unhealthy, it's eating the cardboard box that is the problem.