running and glutt pain

Options
why am I hurting everytime I run.. my butt keeps hurting and sometimes I feel unable to walk comfortably.. my knees and everything else feels fine.. please can anyone give me some idea why this is happening and how I can stop this happening.. I am enjoying my running.. sometimes my legs feel heavy .. are the heavy legs linked to my glutts hurting.. I am new to all of this and don't have much of an idea.. am currently running between 5-9kms. thanks and looking forward to thoughts of wisdom.x

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have a weak posterior chain. Could be sciatica issues. Could be weak hip flexors. Where exactly is the pain? Do you do mobility work? Do you do strength training?
  • slimandsmiling
    slimandsmiling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The pain feels like it is under my sacrum area... I felt the same pain when giving birth lol... not sure what mobility work is but am doing some weight stuff when doing body pump.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Mobility work includes Agile 8, Supple 6, foam rolling/myfacial release, etc.

To me it sounds sort of like coccydynia (also referred to as coccygodynia). Could be a mild fracture from a fall or even sitting on your tailbone wrong. There are lots of ligaments that attach there, which would cause pain when running.
  • slimandsmiling
    slimandsmiling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    thank you .. I will start doing more stretching stuff I think that sounds like a good move forward. :)
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Heavy legs usually indicate under recovery. This can be due to running too fast all the time, inadequate nutrition, inadequate sleep, too many other life stress, or any combination of the above.