GUESS WHO LOST 6.4 POUNDS in a WEEK?!?!!!!!

Options
Mr. ticker did! I bet my ticker is feeling oh so FAB this morning after such a wonderful loss, but I however am not too happy for him. His loss means I gained. BOOO!
I know that TOM decided to show his ugly face yesterday (nearly 2 weeks early) but I can't expect that to be responsible for all 6 of those lbs! I usually gain 1-2 pounds at most during TOM. Never 6!!!!

Blah! SOOOO I will evaluate what I did last week and see what I can do better this week. Can't say I'm in a good mood about it though.

Replies

• JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm getting more and more discouraged! Now I have to lose 75 pounds by Jan. if I want to reach my goal. Now I have to lose 2.2 pounds per week. BLAH!!!!!!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    YOU can do it...!

Set your mind in a good way - make cleanin' eatin' and exercise become a habit for you. Plan your meals ahead - it helps alot - especially if you have those cravin's for fastfood, junkfood etc.

It takes time...YOU can do IT...!

Start RIGHT now! :wink: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'm getting more and more discouraged! Now I have to lose 75 pounds by Jan. if I want to reach my goal. Now I have to lose 2.2 pounds per week. BLAH!!!!!!

Don't be discouraged!? :noway: You are going to make it there with great choices and dedication to your exercise routine .... stay positive and rejoice in your victories! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you keep doing it the healthy way! You may even be satisfied with your results before you hit your goal weight. Best of luck!
  • crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    Options

ITS POSSIBLE! Log your food be faithful about it, drink lots of water and move, move, move :)
  • mrsfeuer
    mrsfeuer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you can do it and you WILL do it. keep your chin up!
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    You will have good weeks and bad weeks don't get discouraged!! I did and it took me two months to get back on track. I am sure next week you will lose extra because of the gain last week. Take it day by day!!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary i wondered are you eating enough??

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

Good luck on your journey
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hunny, i would not have recorded today's weight! lol
    TOM is evil and it can add up plus your weight fluctuates anyway day to day. Take a week break, let TOM go away and a few days later weight yourself. I bet you'll be down all those 6lbs, if not more. *hugs*
  • mommy3x
    mommy3x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Do not get discouraged - remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep your head up, and strive to do better this week!

:smile:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    You've got this girlie. Try not to get down on yourself. I went up 3lbs this week, then refocused, brought that back down +a little. I increased my water consumption and lowered my sodium, as well as increase raw fruits and veggies. You have power and you will see this challenge and beat it! Hugz:smile:
  • Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Don't get discouraged! Just do the best you can...that's all anyone can ask for. Even if you don't lose everything you'd like to by your goal date....just think of how much you will have lost and how much better you will look and feel! Good luck!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    It's hard to know whats going on with you without your diary showing, it's your choice of course, but it can be extremely helpful to get some feedback through your diary. When I first came to MFP I was gaining, gaining, gaining after WW changed. I felt extremely discouraged, I couldnt believe I had done so well, and now I was in this aweful mindset and couldn't get back on track. I finally decided to do some reading. I read Dr. Phils Ultimate Weight Solution, I also started reading Made to Crave by Lise Teurkest. And I read some other things that helped me understand myself and my relationship with food. I tend to use it emotionally of course but I also used it as a self punishment. So then I thought wow here are all these great quotes I'm reading, and things I'm learning, so I made posters with quotes, and hung them up on the fridge and in my exercise room, so I was repeating them all the time, till almost all the negatives got out of my head. One thing I know for sure is that, tell myself I can't do this, lead me exactly to not being able to do it. Focusing on how difficult it is to get up and workout, left me on the couch... I desperately NEEDED to change the thinking in my head. And then I needed to get real with my food intake again, I needed to stop eating out, I needed to stop eating frozen WW meals, I needed to get at least five fruits and vegies in every day, and I needed to stop eating bags of caramel bugles, and candy bars. (I was so mad at myself for getting back into eating those like that). And I needed to quit drinking soda (it wasn't much but was interfereing with my water intake) I strongly believe that water is the one thing that solely makes the biggest difference. It plays such a huge part through out our body and mind. I needed to be honest, accountability was the big thing for me, weighing in every week with a leader was huge, and now that I wasn't at WW, I still needed that and I get it here. My diary is open, and It's important for me to be very honest about what I eat, even if it's embarrassing I post it. If we can't be honest with ourselves, this will not work.
  • theresa7576
    theresa7576 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    we all have good and bad days- keep your eye on the prize... I had a bad weekend but i'm back on the horse today.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    And say, if you lose 57 lbs, are you a failure!?
    Of course not!
    Keep calm and carry on...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!