Flu??

Options
i was sick with the flu and lost 6 pounds. How do I keep from gaining? I'm still not all that well. I was 203 now I'm 188.

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    You figure out what your calorie goal should be to maintain your current weight, and then you net that number. Every day.
  • tiffany82manross
    tiffany82manross Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I get 1400 by my nutritionist.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    unless you eat it back, its unlikely you will gain it back. I had a stomach bug and lost 4 or 5 pounds in a week and i didnt gain it back at all....

and if you *were* 203 and *now* 188... that's more than 6 pounds lol
  • tiffany82manross
    Options
    I was 203 in January. My nutritionist told me to go by how my clothes feel and not a number.
  • kmblank
    kmblank Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You have to expect to gain some of that weight back. Depending on the flu symptoms,I have to assume that you might have been dehydrated and the fact that when you were sick you probably weren't eating an adequate amount of calories, hence the big weight loss. I would just get back on track when you are feeling better, continue to track your food and if you have a gain just know that your body is just trying to get back to a healthy pre-illness weight.
  • tiffany82manross
    Options
    I went to the gym today and walked for an hour then did aerobics for an hour.