Replies

• premsajee
    premsajee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I have Garmin Viofit really helpful will encourage you for sure
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and I really like it. I got it last January.
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have the charge hr. Upgraded from the flex (which I had worn for 2 years) in early March. I love the charge hr more than ever! It keeps me stepping and helps me meet fitness goals. I'm a long time fitbitter and MFP user.....over a 1,000 day streak....so staying motivated and on track are important to me.
  • MrsNATRAT
    MrsNATRAT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had Fitbit Flex for over a year, and yesterday purchased the new Fitbit Surge. So far I'm loving all the additional features. If you want detailed reviews on the different Fitbits models check out JimsReviewRoom on youtube https://youtu.be/so1Pyn8L2oM
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit One and have been wearing it for 3 years now. Whether or not it is right for you depends on what you are looking for in a fitness device.

Are you looking for motivation? Are you looking to see (in general) how many calories you burn in a day? Are you trying to stop sitting around on your butt all day and have a reason to get up and move? Then the FitBit might be the right device for you.

If you are a runner or cardio lover and are looking for the logging of calories during those workouts then you need something more like the Polar FT4 (for example). An HRM device with a strap that measures your heartbeat and gives you a calorie burn based on that. It is only really good for steady state cardio though. Mostly useless for weight training or interval training. For the latter, there is nothing I know of that works to measure that kind of activity.

I have both the FitBit and the Polar FT4. I use my FitBit as motivation and the Polar to track my workout burns. I have them both linked to MFP so that if I log a workout with my Polar it'll disregard my FitBit data for that time so I am not doubling up my calories. I love them both and don't regret the money I spent on either of them.

Hope this helps!
  • duracell24
    duracell24 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I will start out with the flex and see how that does for me!
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My profile is at http://www.fitbit.com/user/22HTZ2 if you wanted to look. I think it is public.
  • duracell24
    Options
    Thanks payneAS.. I'm on my feet all day so I'm curious as to how many steps I take. I also want to keep count of my calories.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip and I love it. I agree with Payne though, it depends on what you're looking to get out of it. I run but I use my Garmin 220 for that however I do wear my Zip just to keep track of steps. I would highly recommend it if you want something simple and small :)
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and it is more trouble than it is worth! Since June 2014 when I bought it, the wrist band has split 3 times and the device itself has stopped charging 3 times. Each time Fitbit have been great and sent me a replacement but it's getting ridiculous now and I really can't be bothered with it! Plus the band irritates my skin and causes a rash. Definitely do not recommend the Flex to anyone.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I purchased a gently used Flex and am waiting for it in the mail. I am excited to get it, however just found out yesterday that it only tracks activities that are step based, such as walking/running. While that's good and I still want it to track my daily steps, I bike and do the elliptical a lot and it cant track those, which I didn't know prior to purchasing. So just a heads up if you do those kinds of activities, you still have to manually track them!
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have the flex - it's perfect for me because my main exercise activity thus far is walking. I also love the sleep tracker element to it also.
  • paperfrost
    paperfrost Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex and have owned it for maybe 2 years now. I personally find it a great tool to have as far as keeping yourself accountable by monitoring your progress. I also really like that it syncs up with MFP. I've had no issues with it other than replacing the band after several months of use due to it tearing. I would absolutely recommend it, though I'd also keep an eye on the market for newer devices.
  • queenofknots
    queenofknots Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Fitbit One a couple of weeks ago and am liking it so far. I usually use the elliptical when at the gym and was pleasantly surprised by the fact that the One does actually count those steps. It doesn't seem to catch all of them, but it gets enough to make me feel good about my step count at the end of the day!
  • duracell24
    Options
    Thanks so much for All the replies!! I think will be purchasing one!!
  • alliebabiee
    alliebabiee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    -Bump-

I've been tossing the idea of getting a Fitbit around, but I'm unsure what is best.
    I really want a HRM to get a better accuracy of the calories I'm burning and my heart rate, so I'm not sure what product to buy.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    ancurtis wrote: »
    I have the charge hr. Upgraded from the flex (which I had worn for 2 years) in early March. I love the charge hr more than ever! It keeps me stepping and helps me meet fitness goals. I'm a long time fitbitter and MFP user.....over a 1,000 day streak....so staying motivated and on track are important to me.

All of this. I have a Charge HR from a Flex. Love love love it.

• runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I own a charge HR and love it! I use it with MapMyFitness for runs, biking, and anything I want a GPS mileage on. The Fitbit itself is great for everyday use.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    -Bump-

I've been tossing the idea of getting a Fitbit around, but I'm unsure what is best.
    I really want a HRM to get a better accuracy of the calories I'm burning and my heart rate, so I'm not sure what product to buy.

They have the ChargeHR. It's a wrist model Fitbit that tracks your heart rate as well as all the stuff the rest of the Fitbit models do.

I have the Surge, which is not exactly cheap, but has the heart rate tracking, multisport tracking, GPS, and a few bluetooth features like music control (that apparently don't work well with android devices from what I've read...I have an iphone so I don't know for sure). It's rated 5 ATM and although Fitbit says don't swim with it, the rating does signify that it is fairly water resistant.

As for what is the best Fitbit, well I'd say there isn't 1 best model. Each is a little different and each can be the best for a different lifestyle.

edit:
    I was actually going to get the ChargeHR originally. While I wanted the Surge, I was going to go with the ChargeHR to save some money. When I went to order, they where backordered pretty much everywhere. I asked around at a few places and was said not to expect anything till april. Since I'm impatient, I went ahead and ordered the Surge from amazon (no tax in my state and since I'm a prime member free 2 day shipping).