fat suggestions?

Options
Sorry if this is a repeat post of someone elses, I did do a search before posting.

Im looking for other fats to fill up my macros, i know the standard ones are almonds etc but I find I get down to minimal protein & carbs but fats are left over & certain foods tend to push other macros over the recommended amount.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good fat fillers? thanks :smile:

Replies

• danomitex
    danomitex Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Other types of nuts, avocado, coconut oil...

You can also try incorporating proteins that also contain healthy fats like salmon.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Bacon!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I just discovered coconut butter. yummmmmmmm
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Humus, chia seed, and tofu
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    thanks guys :smile:
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs :smile:
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
  • daniebanks
    Options
    j75j75 wrote: »

i eat egg whites daily. Maybe i should have whole eggs aswell since they have fat in them :smile:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yes, no need to toss the yolks.
  • daniebanks
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Yes, no need to toss the yolks.

i buy egg whites in a carton. also have regular eggs in the fridge : )
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have bulletproof coffee to up my fats without upping other macros such as protein and carbs.
  • CorinnaShaw
    CorinnaShaw Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bacon!

OMG, I know right. As far as I am concerned, bacon is proof that God loves us. Hahaha!

On a serious note though, bacon is good but try to go nitrate free to reduce sodium. Coconut oil is good. So is butter. I sauté my veggies, I add melted butter to my home made soups, I put coconut oil in my coffee (1tbsp/1cup). Butter and healthy oils are your best friends when trying to maintain a diet high in fat.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options

Same here! I make my coffee in the blender with little bit coconut butter. YUM
  • daniebanks
    Options
    I have bulletproof coffee to up my fats without upping other macros such as protein and carbs.
    hmm i've never heard of that :open_mouth:

• daniebanks
    Options
    Bacon!

OMG, I know right. As far as I am concerned, bacon is proof that God loves us. Hahaha!

On a serious note though, bacon is good but try to go nitrate free to reduce sodium. Coconut oil is good. So is butter. I sauté my veggies, I add melted butter to my home made soups, I put coconut oil in my coffee (1tbsp/1cup). Butter and healthy oils are your best friends when trying to maintain a diet high in fat.

Same here! I make my coffee in the blender with little bit coconut butter. YUM

Hahahah yumm bacon, ill have to try and find coconut butter !

• foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Avacados are a great fat source.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    daniebanks wrote: »

i eat egg whites daily. Maybe i should have whole eggs aswell since they have fat in them :smile:

They also have a large part of the nutrition in them, including almost half of the protein in a whole egg. They contain more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, folate, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 and 100% of the vitamins A, E, D and K that is in an egg.

Here is a great chart comparing an egg yolk with an egg white: ahealthiermichigan.org/2011/10/11/the-nurtional-value-of-egg-whites-versus-egg-yolks-what-do-you-use/
  • daniebanks
    Options
    foursirius wrote: »
    Avacados are a great fat source.

Yumm avocados are daily for me lol

earlnabby wrote: »
    daniebanks wrote: »

They also have a large part of the nutrition in them, including almost half of the protein in a whole egg. They contain more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, folate, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 and 100% of the vitamins A, E, D and K that is in an egg.

Here is a great chart comparing an egg yolk with an egg white: ahealthiermichigan.org/2011/10/11/the-nurtional-value-of-egg-whites-versus-egg-yolks-what-do-you-use/

thanks for that :)