Hi again! One more question

Options
Will adding Buffalo sauce to the chicken will effect my weight loss progress? Plain chicken taste nasty if no what else should I add to make the chicken meat taste good?

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    You would still have to count the buffalo sauce. I love plain chicken, I love chicken with sauce, I love food.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Will adding Buffalo sauce to the chicken will effect my weight loss progress? Plain chicken taste nasty if no what else should I add to make the chicken meat taste good?

Calories lead to weight change, not flavours.

Most hot sauces have 0 or nearly-0 calories, so the answer is "no." Traditional buffalo sauce is a 50-50 blend of hot sauce and butter, so the answer is "maybe, depending on if you maintain a calorie deficit."

For me... Cholula sauce all day, err'day.
  • samiamorisseau
    samiamorisseau Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »

Most hot sauces have 0 or nearly-0 calories, so the answer is "no." Traditional buffalo sauce is a 50-50 blend of hot sauce and butter, so the answer is "maybe, depending on if you maintain a calorie deficit."

Do you know any flavors I should add on the chicken??
  • danomitex
    danomitex Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There are a variety of 0 calorie dry and wet seasonings at any grocery store. Just check the nutrition label.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »

Do you know any flavors I should add on the chicken??

Every herb and spice has nearly 0 calories. There is basically no limit to what you can do with it. Some random options that come by mind:

Jamaican/jerk: marinate with allspice, ginger, habanero peppers, garlic, green onions, lime juice

Southern BBQ: season with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, brown sugar (noting that sugar is not calorie-free)

Lemon pepper: you can make this, but it's easier to just buy it

Tex-mex/chicken tacos: garlic, cumin, cayenne, coriander, onion, lime

Indian: yogurt, ginger, garlic, paprika, garam masala

I basically just pick a meal idea and google for a recipe; a well stocked spice cabinet may seem expensive at first, but when you realize that each jar of spice will last you months you realize that it's not as expensive as it at first appears.