3 lbs gained!

Options
winneyj
winneyj Posts: 16 Member
I've tried for years to gain weight. The first few years I didn't know what I was doing. I thought working out and drinking a protein shake before and after was good enough. It wasn't until last year that I realized I was eating way too little. I read a book cLled scrawny to brawny that really put things into perspective. If I wanted to gain weight, I needed to eat A LOT! So I started eating 4000 calories a day. I gained six pounds it two weeks. Then I tore my hip flexor at work. I lost all motivation. Fast forward a year later. I'm back at it. Being more cautious with my workouts reminding myself that sometimes less is more, and being relentless towards my calorie consumption I've gained three pounds in about 2.5 weeks! My biggest struggle is ideas for food. Doing my best to not get sick of food. If anyone has tips, it would be greatly appreciated! Best of luck to all in your fitness goals!

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Never had this problem but can see that it must be hard to put on weight, eating healthily and not bingeing on burgers sweets and crisps. Good luck
  • deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    eat a variety of nuts, high in calories and tasty
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm always happy to donate a couple of pounds, ;)
    Have you tried strength training? Building up some muscle, plus it might make you hungry enough to eat more? I can't say I'm speaking from experience (I have the opposite issue), but I have friends who eat 3x what I do and can't gain a pound and one started strength training and looks f***ing fantastic.

Good luck!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done! Think of the foods that you like and add a bit more. Vary from day to day so you don't get bored.
  • winneyj
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And yes @Lois_1989‌ I am training as well! Wouldn't want to get fat ;) Also as an update I am now 7lbs heavier than when I started. 3 weeks in. Roughly 9 more to go!
  • winneyj
    Options
    @deviousme7‌ thanks for the tip. I always forget to include nuts. A great source of healthy fats and calories!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!