How much is a "stone"?

Options
Qarol
Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
I know I could just google it, but I thought it would be more fun to start a thread. I haven't a clue how much a stone is, when it comes to body weight. Neither can I relate to a kg. I just have no mental association with how much that actually is. And don't even get me started when someone talks about their height in cm. I would have to sit down with pen and paper to calculate just how tall that would be. I'm American and have always dealt with pounds and inches.

Replies

• XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    14 pounds :)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I know I could just google it, but I thought it would be more fun to start a thread. I haven't a clue how much a stone is, when it comes to body weight. Neither can I relate to a kg. I just have no mental association with how much that actually is. And don't even get me started when someone talks about their height in cm. I would have to sit down with pen and paper to calculate just how tall that would be. I'm American and have always dealt with pounds and inches.
    It is as much as I can throw.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    14 pounds :)

Correct!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    14lbs and a kg is 2.2lb:smile:
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    I actually like thinking about my weight in stones. Much less depressing then all the pounds!

Of course for the loss saying 28 lbs is way more fun than 2 stone!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I actually like thinking about my weight in stones. Much less depressing then all the pounds!

lol
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options

I think I'll start using lbs for my weight lost, and stones for what to lose...50lb loss, need to lose 1 stone LOL
  • mikedigesu
    mikedigesu Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow! Okay, there is an old AC/DC song called "Whole Lotta Rosie" and one of the lines is:
    "Ain't no fairy story Ain't no skin-and-bones But you give all you got, weighin' in at nineteen stone".
    Now I know how much that is in pounds, (266).

Thanks!