Not a low calorie food?

Options
Can someone help me figure this out, please?

I bought a bag of frozen berries and I looked in the back and it shows that it is "Not a low calorie food". They're just frozen berries. I don't really understand what they mean by this. Is it the small serving size? I weighed it out and it's not much, but I just wanted a little to snack on or add to my yogurt.

P.S Sorry for the sideways photos. They are the right way on my computer, I don't know why they uploaded like that.

03r3nczwg2av.jpg

x1xkgoxd1ufp.jpg

Replies

• brookesdsu
    brookesdsu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What does the front say? Do they make some type of claim related to diet?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Is there anywhere else on the package where you see those stars that were placed in front of "not a low calorie food"?
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The front has 1 astrik for "just picked" but I didn't see where the other one was. Here is a link to the info.

http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=355530&storeId=10052&langId=-1
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Strange packaging. Anyway, it doesn't really matter. You're going to weigh them out and fit them into your day...Which is not hard lol
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    For the FDA approved label "low calorie," a food has to have less than 40 calories per referenced serving. All the "not a low calorie food" means is that it has more than 40 calories per serving.
  • curlylocks302
    Options
    Ahhh!!! Thank you so much! You rock!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That's just bizarre....
  • curlylocks302
    Options
    It is weird. At first I thought I bought some weird cocktail frozen fruit (if that's even a thing) but the ingredients just has berries.

I'll have to check their packaging on other foods now, just for sh**** and giggles.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    So food is labelling what it isn't?

Do chicken breast have a label saying not a vegtable?
    Bacon does not contain gluten labels?
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    So food is labelling what it isn't?

Do chicken breast have a label saying not a vegtable?
    Bacon does not contain gluten labels?

Steak**

**Not vegan
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Vacuum Cleaner*

*not for human consumption
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Gluten free steak!! MMmmmmmm!!!

My body wash is labeled gluten free. I find that peculiar, but I've discovered the reason behind it. Celiacs can sometimes be so sensitive that it is dangerous to consume or use items which were created in a a facility which also uses gluten in other times, because it can be cross-contaminated. So I guess that sorta makes sense. But still, now I want some glutenous body wash just because.