Calorie Intake and Exercise question :)

Options
Hi everyone :) my cw is 215. I exercise 3-5 times a week and also have an active job as a cna. I am aiming for the quickest and healthiest way to lose weight so that it will stay off as well as wanting to make permanent healthy changes in my eating habits. I'M WONDERING, for a 5'4, 215 lb. how many calories a day should I be consuming if I'm doing the stair master for twenty minutes, recumbent bike at HIIT for twenty minutes, then strength training afterwards. Is 1200 what I should be eating, 1300? What? I'm lost on what is proper for my exercise level. I really get my heart rate up on the stair master. Skipping steps, 166 bpm, regular climb 144. Heart rate at around 136 on recumbent. Thanks :)

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Input your info into mfp and they will tell you what your intake should be.
  • tarabug1313
    tarabug1313 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Where do I go to do that...I only have mfp on my Android. I don't know where to adjust that...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Where do I go to do that...I only have mfp on my Android. I don't know where to adjust that...

Perhaps switch over to the desktop version? Otherwise it's in settings. I'd recommend the desktop version just in case there's still an issue wtih the app giving too-low calorie intake goals.
  • tarabug1313
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

Perhaps switch over to the desktop version? Otherwise it's in settings. I'd recommend the desktop version just in case there's still an issue wtih the app giving too-low calorie intake goals.

Thank you :)
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You go to the goals tab of the app and input all your stuff there.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) my cw is 215. I exercise 3-5 times a week and also have an active job as a cna. I am aiming for the quickest and healthiest way to lose weight so that it will stay off as well as wanting to make permanent healthy changes in my eating habits. I'M WONDERING, for a 5'4, 215 lb. how many calories a day should I be consuming if I'm doing the stair master for twenty minutes, recumbent bike at HIIT for twenty minutes, then strength training afterwards. Is 1200 what I should be eating, 1300? What? I'm lost on what is proper for my exercise level. I really get my heart rate up on the stair master. Skipping steps, 166 bpm, regular climb 144. Heart rate at around 136 on recumbent. Thanks :)

That's all in the same workout? Sounds like you're over doing it. Stick with weight training 45-60min 3x per week. And either HIIT or stair master for 20-30min on the days you're not weight training 2-4 times per week. You're going to burn yourself out by doing too much exercise and then fall off the wagon. Trust me, I've done it several times myself.
  • tarabug1313
    Options
    Good advice :) thank you