Feeling wonderful & positive after 21 lbs lost! Join me!

Options
patrickgfinley
patrickgfinley Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
Hi everyone! My name is Patrick Finley.

I'm just a 26 year old financial advisor living in Saint Augustine, FL. I recently got married to my loving wife Candace and looking forward to many years ahead of us.

It hasn't been easy to lose weight in the past but now I'm on the right track. Being overweight in the past really affected my emotional state, I didn't like the way I look which caused me to have very low self esteem. I didn't like myself and I figured other people thought the same way about me. I tried exercising in the past but I just used it as an excuse to eat more unhealthy food.

I was in this cycle until about 3 years ago when I met my wife at my workplace, we were both very shy and finally I came up with the courage to start talking to her. We started dating not too long after that and my life changed forever. She really encouraged me to start exercising and eating healthy. I started to becoming a more positive person and get excited about life! I knew this was the woman I wanted to marry and I wanted to get healthy so I could be around her for a very long time.

So far I have lost 21lbs since January 2014, I started at 187lbs and I was borderline obese, I am only 5'6 with a small frame, I want to continue to lose about 15 more pounds and add lean muscle tone as well.

My wife has inspired me to help others reach their fitness goals. I routinely help my clients at work meet their financial goals, and I want to start helping people outside my work life as well.

We are in this together, will you join me? fcgm2cuund7t.jpg

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • candacecollinsfinley
    candacecollinsfinley Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great job hubby!!! <3
  • slbale
    slbale Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Vicalina19
    Vicalina19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your marriage and your weight loss. I gained 60 lbs from '08-'10. I've lost 20 lb on my own but now I'm "stuck". I join MFP in hopes of being inspired and to get some tips & inspiration from others on this weight loss journey. Thank you for inspiring by sharing your success!!! Wishing you continued success.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congrats on both of your really significant accomplishments. Well done my man.
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's awesome! Great that you want to help others now, too.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and your marriage! I love St Augustine. It's one of my favorite places to visit. I live just up the road in Jacksonville. B)
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Wow. How touching...congratulations.
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Feels great, doesn't it? Congrats!
  • patrickgfinley
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Aaaaawe.... Handsome and sweet! Congratulations on finding yourself and a wonderful wife. Wishing you all the best!
  • Christinaluvly
    Christinaluvly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! You can really see the weight-loss in your face and mid-section:)
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • candacecollinsfinley
    candacecollinsfinley Posts: 114 Member
    Options
  • patrickgfinley
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're doing great! Be proud and ROCK ON!
  • patrickgfinley
    Options
    Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!