• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good grief! The fast food restaurants are actually better for you! :noway:

Those nummy taco salads are the devil though! :devil:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I always giggle when I see people getting Caesar Salads from restaurants and think that they're getting something healthy. now I dont feel bad for it! :tongue:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    yeah i figure if i'm eating out, might as well eat what i want instead of getting a salad thinking i'm being "healthier" when doing so.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    It's not surprising to me...Cesar salads or those with tostada shells are always going to by high in calorie! Plus you have to think of portion size...the salads from fast food are a whole lot smaller than restaurant styles!
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a "friend" who is really snobby and when ever we go out to eat mexican and I get a veggie burrito or some tacos, she gets the salad in the huge taco shell with the sour cream and guac and then looks down her nose at me... Thankfully, I could tell right from the beginning that she was downing 1,000 cals while I probably wasn't going over 500.... I just let her snobby self eat her "healthy--low cal" salad and smile to myself.
    Do you sometimes feel you hate skinny people??? Or am I the only evil one out there...
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm not able to watch that link here at work, but my b/f and I were just talking about COBB salads and how the calorie and fat count must be HIGH, even without dressing. All the blue cheese, bacon, eggs, olives...then add dressing on top of that. I'm sure it's more then I get in a day.
  • sunilshah123
    sunilshah123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That begs the question - when you eat out for lunch/dinners, what can you order that isn't going to kill your day. I normaly try sticking to the soups, but I am sure someone here is now going to tell me that in-fact these are not healthy at all..!

106577.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Holy cow! Those fast food salads are without dressing though, right? Seems a bit low!

Well of course taco salads are high, lol. It has fried shells, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, and everything is in HIGH quanitities.
  • firestrm
    Options
    Sunishah123

I had my first revelation yesterday at red robin with the family....I wanted to get a blackened burger then eat it for lunch and dinner. So I did but we all decided for some reason to order onion rings...

I ended up being over by 60 fat for the day but it was all from the onion rings..(900 calories) I had to eat a veggie plate for dinner and save the burger for lunch today.

Seems to me that as long as you steer clear of fried (pan or fryer) foods and stick to broiled, or baked foods you will do ok...

I'll now never touch an onion ring as long as I live....ever....even when I have lost my weight. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the cal/fat content.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I knew Panera isn't bad - they post their calories in a PDF, and I always check it first before i go there and order food. Especially if you get their half salad - which is plenty.

http://www.panerabread.com/pdf/nutr-guide.pdf
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Another good link:

http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/worstfood.html

Never having Outback cheesefries again.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    with fridays or was it chilis not posting thier nutritional values, I think it should be federal law that they post so you know what you are putting in your body. They say that wt gain is personal responsibility which also should be the responsibility of these companies to make people aware of what they are consuming. Even seeing a 1,200 calorie meal wont stop some people from eating crap.