New... Needing snack ideas for Weight Loss

Options
Hi, I just started yesterday and I am trying to get the hang of this. I am 4 foot 10 inches and 157 lbs. I ate very unhealthy skipping meals and making it up with Dr. Pepper. I drank a minimum of 3 a day. I have cut down to a half and may go diet. But I am having trouble with snack ideas in between meals that will keep me on target. Help is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• maryj2k1
    maryj2k1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually make oatmeal cookies that last a few days or buy fruits.
    Another option is to make your own trail mix
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Grapes or any fruits
    Vegetables
    Peanut butter
    Pretzels
    Yogurt
    String cheese
    Popcorn
    Canadian bacon
    Boiled eggs
    Pickles
    Granola bars, special k bars, protein bars, Nutrition bars
    Protein shakes
    English Muffins
    Dry cereal (healthy)
    If your craving sweet you can have about 35 jelly bellies for less than 150 calories
    Sugar free jello or pudding packs
  • shcraddock
    Options
    Second what lovemybabes3 suggested. I'd also add that I enjoy pita crisps and small pieces of cheese, Greek yogurt, or small pieces of chocolate (sorry, but there's really no way I could completely give up chocolate - I'm just way more mindful of what kind I eat and how much).
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thought of a few more:
    I love butterball turkey bacon. I cook it until it is crisp like chips. Only 25 calories per piece.
    Also, non fat frozen yogurt, berries, humus, avocados, tuna and ritz (I like broccoli dipped in tuna and light mayo), cherry tomatoes, dark chocolate dipped strawberries or pretzels, turkey meat, kiwi, smoked salmon. I drink lots of diet green tea.

Good luck! Mix it up each day so you don't get bored and binge later.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Love so many choices LovemyBabes3! That is so helpful!
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    At shcraddock I get the chocolate. For me it's my Dr. Pepper.
  • ace314159
    ace314159 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love fruit for snacks. Also he Krave jersey is awesome and a good protein source. Popcorn with Tabasco sauce for a little extra flavor, a small chunk of delicious cheese (rypeneur Gouda is my favorite), a small pickle (lots of sodium though), hummus and carrots and cucumbers, organic frozen mango, the one serving size justins almond butter packets with a banana, cereal (measure it out...and try to pick a lower sugar one).
  • ace314159
    ace314159 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    'Jerkey' not jersey