What tips help you keep the weight off?

Options
For example, I don't do one large weekly grocery trip. I might go to the store two or three times a week. If I did a whole trip, then it would be too tempting to eat more.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Realise that there's no "end date". Changes you make have to be changes for life. You can't just "diet" then "go back to normal" - "normal" is how you got overweight in the first place. You need a new "normal".
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Fitness Goals
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Plan a small treat each day. If I have a little dessert to look forward to it makes it much easier for me to stay on track the rest of the day.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Options
    Realise that there's no "end date". Changes you make have to be changes for life. You can't just "diet" then "go back to normal" - "normal" is how you got overweight in the first place. You need a new "normal".

Interesting comment do you read " The Training Edge ? "
  • Alatariel75
    Options

I've not, no.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Options

I've not, no.

There was an article that was closely related to the advice you gave. It talked about end dates, " you nailed it "
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Oh cool, I might check it out. It's really just a conclusion I've come to after years of yo-yo dieting, because I was either "on a DIET" and losing, or "NORMAL" and gaining it all back.
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've sort if made it into a hobby... Tracking and logging food and counting the calories. And thinking of exercise like a part of life like work. You have to work 5 days a week for the next forty years, you can only very rarely skip a day right? So going to exercise 3 times a week must become a regular habit and you can only skip it with a good reason maybe once every couple of months.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options

Brilliant!

• ELYNN74
    ELYNN74 Posts: 1
    Options
    :D I found a fitness buddy. Someone reliable and someone on the same mission!
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ELYNN74 wrote: »
    :D I found a fitness buddy. Someone reliable and someone on the same mission!

+1. Love your profile pic--5K?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I enjoy food shopping, meal planning, cooking and eating. I enjoy being active every day. Finding a way to make healthy choices easy, enjoyable and natural, is key. A small effort every day will make sure I'll be at normal weight for the rest of my life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!