75 down, 175 to go!

Last October I weighed in at 511 lbs and then things have happened that have helped me in my weight loss journey. I got a new job in November that requires me to walk roughly 3 - 4 blocks (mostly inside) per day. I also adjusted my diet here and there and slowly got myself away from diet coke.

i had plateaued at 465 in January and most of February, then I got sick and dropped to the 440s. I'm well now and am drinking mostly water and occasionally sweet tea, and have started doing some simple exercises to help keep the momentum going and I am now down to 435. My current "end game" goal is 250 lbs, though that'll probably change as I get closer to that goal.

I have plans to bump up my activity and the intensity of my exercise as the weight comes off. Once the weather decides to stay warm I will begin swimming. I am hoping to be under 400 by the end of summer, and then I will try to find myself a bike to ride. Once I feel comfortable walking long distances (which will be nice!) I want to start hiking, and as I get closer to my goal I want to start doing rock wall climbing. A lot of things that I never thought I would be doing, but I have it in my sights!

Hopefully the momentum will continue and I'll realize my goals sooner rather than later. Now I need to update my profile pic...

Anyways, I am in this for the long haul, so all the motivation and support I can get along the way will be a great help!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Congratulations, that is terrific progress! Walking is great exercise and can be a good "gateway exercise" to getting into more activities. I was running last year but went back to walking over the winter and just really like it.

Keep up the good work. You've come a long way--that's an almost almost 15% loss--and have a great attitude. You can do this :)
  • DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    I LOVE the goals you have set for yourself! Keep up the Great work. This journey isn't easy but worth all the sweat and work you put into it. I sent you a friend request, will help cheer you on.
  • thatguynick
    thatguynick Posts: 106 Member
    I actually have a fear of walking...or at least a complex. My legs start to hurt and become "noodles" if I walk too long, which isn't very long at all currently. I pre-plan my walking routes before I stand so that I take the shortest paths and if possible have places where I can sit a moment for my legs to "reset". This is something I really want to do away with as soon as possible. I often sit out on going to unfamiliar places with friends just because I can't plan the walking...
  • thatguynick
    Thank you Dee! :)
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    You are doing a magnificent job!! Good for YOU! I am happy you have been successful with the first 75#... That is great. I am still struggling with the first 25! My body has all sorts of things plotting against me, but I refuse to give up. You are an inspiration, and thank you for posting. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Diane ☀️⭐️☀️⭐️☀️
  • annecandoit
    annecandoit Posts: 7 Member
    I love how positive you are! Congrats on your weight loss so far! I am slowly going back to the gym, but walking is my biggest activity. I take my dog and listen to music which can distract me for the lower back I get because of my weight. I will send you a friends request
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    love you're attitude - especially the goals :).
    That's something you can chose, and if you do then I am sure the momentum will continue.

Best wishes in changing your life !!!!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Thanks for your story! You have a great outlook, keep it up.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    YOWZA! that's really impressive.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS you are doing fantastic. I totally understand about the walking. I am slowly getting back to walking myself. I have trouble with my feet and knees. I force myself to do some things like walk around the grocery store instead of taking a motorized cart they provide.

You will keep getting better and better at getting around.
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
  • khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    You're most definitely on the right track! Consistency is key, and you're doing it!

GOOD FOR YOU!
  • clovelyday
    clovelyday Posts: 14 Member
    Congratulations on your success! Keep up the good work, I am inspired by your story at @thatguynick.
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Congratulations! I love walking as exercise. Only after months of that did I finally decide to try available elliptical (it's my new favorite).
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    You're definitely on the right track! Congratulations on the weight loss so far. You will find that physical activity becomes so much easier the more you lose, and the more your endurance builds. I still find myself saying "did I actually do that?" after a long swim or bike ride. Good for you for wanting to get healthy and fit!
  • airbeat
    airbeat Posts: 82 Member
    Great to hear your positive attitude. You have motivated me to get to the gym and back to exercise. I have 75 lbs to lose and think with support of all here I can finally make it this time. Good to hear stories like yours. Keep up that positive motivating attitude. Your gonna make it!
  • msidnuga
    msidnuga Posts: 10 Member
    Great Job ... Keep it up!!
  • thatguynick
    Just thought I would share, there's a bigger difference than I thought! Obviously I still have a long way to go, but this is encouraging!
    gkigkqsq0853.png