If you gain weight........

Options
If you've weighed in and you've gained do you log that? Or do you just wait until you've lost and then start logging again?

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do sometimes I don't. It deducts it from your total loss and it makes me sad.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I just change my weight. And change my ticker.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I dont log any gain.
  • allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I logged it. It just puts it into perspective on what this all about.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It depends...a lot of times I'll weigh myself the very next day and its gone again. Once it stayed up for over a week so I adjusted my weight lost ticker, but for the most part a pound here or there is mostly water gain and will be gone with more exercise.
  • katihamlin
    katihamlin Posts: 41
    Options
    You can always enter your weight, whether it is up or down. You just have to go to weigh-in and enter your current weight. It doesn't celebrate as much when you gain, but you can still keep track of it that way.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Keeps me honest with myself and where I am in my journey.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    Totally de-motivational for me, so I don't change it. I figure if I go up or down 1.5 in a week, it's probably just my body adjusting.
  • Rworthy
    Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I always log my weight. The good thing about MFP is that if you gain weight, it doesn't announce it to the world on your news feed. It just adjusts your ticker and you get on with it...
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    Yep, I change it if I have a gain on my "official" weigh in day. In the past I have stuck my head in the sand about too many things, so I need to log everything, including weight gains, to keep myself accountable.
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I gained this week and I logged it and my total weight lost went from 11lbs lost to 9 :sad: But its my own fault, gotta stop going so far off track on the weekends.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    By logging the weight gain, you can see trends. I used to drop weight every 2 weeks.....a small gain or no gain on week one and then a big drop on week 2. By keeping track, I was able to see the pattern.
  • sandrichelle
    Options
    I log up and down...have to hold myself accountable....or else what else am I not logging because it's not necessarily positive. I know that if you loose a pound, you are sure as heck going to log it and not attribute it to water loss..right? Same should be true for opposite!
  • Curry0724
    Curry0724 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yea, I log everything too. I don't want to hide it and act like I know exactly what I am doing and I am never tempted by food and or laziness. You gain some you lose some each week, either way, I think it is a good thing to be open with your MFP friends. Plus, I know my MFP friends are always very encouaraging to get me back on track after a bad eating day! I love it :)
  • Curry0724
    Curry0724 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is soooo true... water loss kills me! haha
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    I log a gain if it's really significant (like more than 4 pounds). But if it's a small gain (less than 4 pounds) I don't count it. I just make a mental reminder that I did gain and need to work to loose that. Sometimes it's just water weight and I don't want to get depressed.
  • hrigsby
    hrigsby Posts: 31
    Options
    I won't put add it on the day of. I know it is bad, but I wait until the next day and take the better out of the 2. Honestly, it usually ends up being my original weigh in and then I just take the hit. Depressing yes, but I need to see it so I make sure it doesn't continue to climb. I also add if there was no gain or loss so I can see it on the reports.
  • Tracenspace
    Tracenspace Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm going to weigh again tomorrow. If I'm still up, I'll log it.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I log everything...good or bad, which doesn't always feel good, but it does keep me honest and accountable.

And then when I lose a little more, it feels better. :)
  • illinoishoosier
    Options
    I log everything, most every day. You're only kidding yourself if you don't.