Bigger Butt

Options
NarmaL
NarmaL Posts: 13 Member
Hi All, I was wondering if any of you doing strength training for your butts with the hope of having a nice butt, have seen visible results from your workout.

And if so, what are you doing? How often are you doing it? And what sort of protein intake do you have?

Replies

• af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Check out this FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/172162292961245/?ref=bookmarks There are a lot of "SC Ladies" that talk about their workouts.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I did a 4.5 month bulk with a glute and lower body focus. I did Bret Contreras' Strong Curves with great results (4x per week following his lower body program plus one day upper).
  • danomitex
    danomitex Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, hip thrusts...
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I do deadlifts, goodmornings, hip thrusts and some squats. I have been trying to have two really good leg days a week. I have seen great results adding these exercises into my regular routine. I normally try for 140 grams of protein a day as I am trying to lose weight and prevent the loss from being muscle. Normally to reach this goal I am having a whey protein shake in addition to my lean meat diet. I get measured once a month by my trainer, and I'm down several inches in my hips and thighs so I know its working.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Check out this FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/172162292961245/?ref=bookmarks There are a lot of "SC Ladies" that talk about their workouts.

Second that. Check out Bret Contreras Strong Curves. I saw some amazing results on the 12 week advanced program

• NarmaL
    NarmaL Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    neaneacc wrote: »
    I do deadlifts, goodmornings, hip thrusts and some squats. I have been trying to have two really good leg days a week. I have seen great results adding these exercises into my regular routine. I normally try for 140 grams of protein a day as I am trying to lose weight and prevent the loss from being muscle. Normally to reach this goal I am having a whey protein shake in addition to my lean meat diet. I get measured once a month by my trainer, and I'm down several inches in my hips and thighs so I know its working.

Thanks! I eat a high protein low carb diet. I workout my legs/butt/back about 2-3 times a week. While I'm able to lift a lot more that I used to, I'm still not seeing significant results. I've been doing mostly machines (glutes/hip adduction/leg press) and I've been doing it for a while. I'm wondering if I should change to doing simple squats (my butt's really flat :/ ). I'm not sure if I should just increase the weights and do less repetitions. Something is not working for some reason.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    NarmaL wrote: »
    neaneacc wrote: »

Thanks! I eat a high protein low carb diet. I workout my legs/butt/back about 2-3 times a week. While I'm able to lift a lot more that I used to, I'm still not seeing significant results. I've been doing mostly machines (glutes/hip adduction/leg press) and I've been doing it for a while. I'm wondering if I should change to doing simple squats (my butt's really flat :/ ). I'm not sure if I should just increase the weights and do less repetitions. Something is not working for some reason.

Just...Look at the Strong Curves program. You gotta get some free weights in there.
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I third Strong Curves! I am having awesome results!!!
  • karebear111
    karebear111 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Can you do strong curves with just dumbells? Or do you have to have a barbell/weights?