started a fresh insanity cycle today! anyone else?!

Options
This will be my 3rd round of insanity - I did my first one a year ago and completed one last week though I wasn't commited and skipped a lot. I started today at day one, anyone else? I'd love some friends to keep me on track!

Replies

• ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, I have never completed a full round before, and really want to this time. It's fun. My main aim: go to bed early enough, so I can get up at 5:00 to work out. This is day two, but unfortunately could not finish. I really felt depleted of energy. I have done this at 5:00 am before, but never when eating at a deficit. (And as I am a shorty, and only slightly overweight, my net calories recommended are 1200, before excercise). So for tomorrow, I will need to eat some quick sugars right after getting up. I think I'll chose chocolate... How do you log Insanity? I Always log it as aerobics.
  • fattybellybegone
    fattybellybegone Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey can I join u. I am on day 5 of insanity today. I think that it's recommended that you eat 1 hour before you workout as you need the energy and so you don't throw up. That's why I can't workout in the mornings:(

This is my first time on insanity and I'm
    Loving it. The first day is the hardest so hopefully we'll get in the groove. I'm already noticing a difference which is increasing my motivation. Have u already done day 2 then???
  • shanix19
    shanix19 Posts: 3
    Options
    I can join. I'll start today
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I did 2 rounds of Insanity before! Good luck going for your third round and make sure to take care of yourself when doing it!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Oh! I'm right there with you Lindsay! I restarted mine for a second round yesterday.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Hey can I join u. I am on day 5 of insanity today. I think that it's recommended that you eat 1 hour before you workout as you need the energy and so you don't throw up. That's why I can't workout in the mornings:(

I just did a round of insanity last month, and I always made sure I ate before I worked out. However, more importantly, make sure you drink enough water throughout the day. I still ended up barfing twice during the second month because of low fluid intake.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    @fattybellybegone I am not a morning person and that's my only excuse for not working out then! Haha I usually eat something small and low in sugar an hour before my work outs to avoid an upset stomach. Today was day two, Plyometric cardio circuit, are you in? Feel free to add me!!
  • fattybellybegone
    Options
    I'm in!!!

I will add you Lindsay when I've figured out how to! My first day doing mfp and I'm impressed. I think I'll be cancelling my WW subscription.........!

Just completed Day 5 (pure cardio) and let's just say that the novelty of Insanity has well and truly worn off. It was horrible. Of course it didn't help that I attempted(!) it after a 12 hour shift on no sleep as the toddler was up the night before but hey, I finished it with a few breaks, although I almost cried at one point.

If you guys don't mind, I have a Q,........do you eat all your exercise calories??? I am scared to as I don't want to feed the fatty belly.............I would like some feedback because I want to perform the workouts as well as I can but I'm reluctant to eat more. If you do, how many do you allocate? I'm not sure if I should add as many as I am smaller and have the muscles of a turkey.

It's great to meet you all, well done us for starting this crazy journey!
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    @fattybellybegone I'll send you a message!
  • Johnson25ar
    Options
    Third time trying insanity, on day 14
  • lconnor29
    lconnor29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Insanity! Should be here soon I hope. Really excited. I've been doing some ones that I found on YouTube and it is tough but I seem to love it so far! I've got my graduation coming up soon and I would love to look like I did when I came to uni! Not post the freshers 15; which turned into 20 odd... Lol. I would love some more buddies to keep me going and stuff once I start. :)
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity Asylum next week after returning from vacation.
  • ElkeKNJ
    Options
    I finished day three, and stuck with it till the end! With a few breaks off course, even during warm-up :)
    Now, the chocolate thing: I had my piece of chocolate after waking up, and then went into the workout fifteen minutes later. I lasted throughout, though I am a bit disappointed at the taste of chocolate at 5:15 am. And it was my favourite brand, no longer a Belgian brand though..... (not very patriotic of me, with three small chocolate producers in the vicinity)
    My breathing is now back to normal, now onto another high-carb breakfast: banana, baked in cream, with walnuts. Njam! Only doing the CICO for now, not the IFFYM, as you can tell (you see, I have been listening!)
    I will add you all, if you don't mind
  • ElkeKNJ
    Options
    I would like to edit my previous entry, sounds as if I was on drugs...
  • pandamorous
    pandamorous Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Insanity max 30 should be coming in today, so I hope to start tonight!
  • fattybellybegone
    Options
    hey everybody! Lindsay, it looks like you have got a good group going here. I'm looking forward to going insane with you guys! @ElkeKNJ, glad the chocolate is working for you. i think in the early stages of this we have to do what it takes and then the fine tuning will come in terms of diet, timings etc as we are going along. I am just pleased that I have lasted another day.

I have just completed Day 6 so it's rest day tomorrow but I have a big fat italian meal planned, and I am on hols next week (crammed in a lodge full of kids) where
    insanity will be almost impossible, so I thought I may do fit test tomorrow and take my rest day next week? Any pointers on how to manage a break from Insanity would be helpful as this break is quite untimely and I don't want to lose motivation at all.

Keep going guys, big high fives to all of you x
  • ElkeKNJ
    Options
    Hi @fattybellybegone, the chocolate worked indeed, no need for it today, as it was day 4, the yoga-type session. Going to a workout over lunch as well with my friend, the Milon Circle, I don't know if anyone knows this, it is mostly weighttraining. I have been skipping too much, and now she called me out....
    I am jealous of your Italian meal, I will need to follow your example, and maybe bring some Italian take-out tomorrow evening.
    I am also going on a short break the week after you, we spend a midweek in the appartment by the sea, beloning to my cousin. I plan to take my dvd's but we are on the first floor (second floor in America, I think). That will be fun for the neighbours.
    I guess if you cannot do your Insanity in the lodge (trying to get up before everyone else will probably not be doable, not if you want to enjoy those fun evenings), you will keep your form up by being active in other ways, running around with the kids, swimming, hiking,..... I would just enjoy the holiday, and afterwards, start were you left off.
  • fattybellybegone
    Options
    Hiya @elkeKNJ! My Italian just got cancelled:(. But that means I can get a lunch today so I'm not going to be hungry all day.

You are right about next week, we have lots of activity planned so as long as my calories are on target, I should be ok.

I am exhausted today, I'm feeling run down and can't seem to concentrate. I was planning to skip rest day but I may need it so I'll see how I go x
  • ElkeKNJ
    Options
    I wouldn't skip rest day, I think that they thought long and hard when making this program, and rest days are there for a reason. Where's the rush?
    Too bad about the Italian dinner getting cancelled, perhaps you can make your own pasta salad tonight, with a glass of wine, to fit within your calories.
    (I got inspired, got my tomato/mozarella salad ready in the fridge for this evening)
  • fattybellybegone
    Options
    I think you're right. I think I'll burn out of I don't rest today. I've got all the ingredients for a healthy pie,so will enjoy that and a long bath. Thanks for the support and have a lovely evening.

How's everybody else doing???