Are there any 5'2 or below women eating 1500 a day while losing?

Options
I've been wondering if people have had success while eating this amount? I feel hungry eating 1200 and if it's possible to lose weight with exercise while eating 1500, I'd definitely like to up my calorie intake.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lower your rate of loss and you get more calories. Additionally, yes you'll earn more through exercise. Remember that the 1200 is just a base.
  • Adiemus200
    Adiemus200 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im 5"1 and I lose on 1500 + exercise calories. But I don't always eat all of my exercise calories, sometimes half. It depends on how hungry I am.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Try it for a few weeks and see what happens. Looks like you have set a goal of 10 lbs to lose, so you shouldn't be aiming for more than half a pound per week.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im 5'2 and eat anywhere from 1200 to 1500 (and on rare occasions more) and lose consistently.

I also exercise an hour a day, though.... sometimes i eat back cals sometimes not, just depends on how im feeling.
  • aimeelav
    aimeelav Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and losing on 1600. I was starving on 1200 so I slowly increased (was up to 1800) gained a few pounds and lowered to where I'm at now.
  • MamaJ1974
    MamaJ1974 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently losing at 1900 calories with 40 minutes of brisk walking every day. Currently at 185 pounds, down from 201.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2" and maintaining my goal weight range (134-137lbs) - I lose 1/2lb per week eating 1800 cals/maintain on 2200 (gross) - I am active and average 17000 steps per day.
  • NJ84
    NJ84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5"2 and my calorie allowance per day is 1500. I tried sticking to 1200 but I was always hungry and would end up giving up. Since I increased my calorie intake I'm doing a lot better, I make sure I'm doing exercise and try not to eat the extra calories this gives me. It seems to work for me as I've lost 10lbs this month but I'm also very overweight at the moment so it may depend on your current weight.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    im 5'2 and eat anywhere from 1200 to 1500 (and on rare occasions more) and lose consistently.

I also exercise an hour a day, though.... sometimes i eat back cals sometimes not, just depends on how im feeling.

What do you do for your hours exercise by the way...and what kind of intensity?

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

What do you do for your hours exercise by the way...and what kind of intensity?

an hour of cardio at the gym or a zumba class- heart rate around 150ish

ill walk a few miles if i cant get out - but heart rate is lower for that
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    May33338 wrote: »
    I've been wondering if people have had success while eating this amount? I feel hungry eating 1200 and if it's possible to lose weight with exercise while eating 1500, I'd definitely like to up my calorie intake.

I am 5ft 05ins and I am on 1490 calories a day. I can't exercise much but I have lost 32lbs in 65 days.
  • rnasm
    rnasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely!
    I am 5'0" ; in my first three months I would eat between 1400-1600 calories a day, I exercised 30-40min a day/6 days a week .. I would aim to have a net calorie count of 1200

My weight loss average was 0.8kgs/week (1.76lb) :smiley:

Definitely doable :blush: just monitor your net calories; using your weekly net calories helps, as it makes it easier to vary your exercise between days of the week.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and stay at or below 1200. I eat high calorie stuff (salad with avocado and slivered almonds, for example) that fills me up for dinner, then I'm not so hungry in the morning. Breakfast and lunch are usually light dishes. Can't wait to get to maintenance!
  • hartmamp
    hartmamp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I lose with my calories ranging between 1500 and 1700. I work out 3-4 days a week.
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and netting 1450 or so each day, which is typically grossing 1600-1900, depending on my workout (5-6 days of 30-50 minutes exercise with fitness blender, mandatory rest day/stretching on Sunday). I don't perform as well eating less than that. Weight loss doesn't have to be a fast thing, especially if it leaves you hungry in the process. I'd much rather be happy than hungry.
  • zombiemusicgirl
    zombiemusicgirl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (I always say 5'3" though)
    I am set at 1690 a day before any activity is deducted. I frequently go over by a 100-250 calories, and I have been losing fairly steadily since January - almost 20 lbs down.
    If you can't sustain it, then try something a bit easier. Losing weight is already hard enough - slow and steady is physically easier (albeit more mentally and emotionally challenging).

Good luck!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". According to MFP, I should have about 1300 cal/day. I also belong to WW. According to their plan I should have more like 1600 cal/day. So, I've made that my range.

I remember when my husband did P90X the first time, and didn't track his activity. He was hungry a LOT, and I can see now that people thought he looked a little gaunt. After he got an activity monitor and realized how much he was burning, when he'd get hungry, he'd allow himself something to manage it. He felt better and looked healthier.

Just keep a watchful eye and be real about how you're tracking your activity and your food journal, and you should be okay.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    May33338 wrote: »

I am 5"1.5"... and I eat 1600 calories when I'm in loss mode... and I do lose... I typically do three days of cardio and 3 days of strength training.... anything less than 1500 calories makes me a hangry b... The 1600ish comes from calculating my TDEE.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and eat between 1200 & 1500 calories per day. I found that if I walk 10,000 steps a day the weight comes off a lot faster. So I try to do that most days. I reduced my carbs and increased protein and fat, and I'm really not very hungry at 1300 calories per day. I only did this to control blood sugar, but not being hungry is a nice bonus.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2/5'3 eating 1500. I can't do under 1500 without starving. I am losing at a great rate. The days I exercise I'm around 1800+. I carefully track my food and exercise.