Can somebody recommend a beginners workout DVD for me please?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kdoh812
    Kdoh812 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Personally, I was almost sucked into the beachbody craze. It's absolutely ridiculously expensive first of all, and I found better sets on amazon and shakes plus supplements for under 50.00. I am very happy with them and I still can pay my light bill each month.
  • Kdoh812
    Kdoh812 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    :)
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i second (or third) 30 day shred. i started my weight loss journey with that, and while it wasn't easy, it was short. i thought i was going to die the first day, i WANTED to die the second day, but within a week, i had moved on to the second level, and a few days after that, the third. once the 30 days were done, i needed something more, so i tried her No More Trouble Zones workout, and it was perfect. it's about twice as long, but if you feel like you need to push yourself a little more some days, i recommend it.
  • quilt938
    quilt938 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone and I use youtube a lot- jessica smith, leslie sansone, jenny ford all have some freebies on there
  • Lacipeanut
    Lacipeanut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has some great one mile videos and segments with modifications for new exercisers. Love her stuff when I'm not swimming.
  • adora85
    adora85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have Beginner Shred. I bought it for my easy workout days. I have all of her other DVDs and I can tell you that its really really beginner oriented. I don't sweat or breathe heavy at all while doing this.

Its short, several circuits and can really help get you ready for the harder DVDs she offers. If you find yourself struggling use lighter weights.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    adora85 wrote: »
    I have Beginner Shred. I bought it for my easy workout days. I have all of her other DVDs and I can tell you that its really really beginner oriented. I don't sweat or breathe heavy at all while doing this.

Its short, several circuits and can really help get you ready for the harder DVDs she offers. If you find yourself struggling use lighter weights.

I just bought it at your suggestion! I've been doing 30DS and some day I-just-can't. (like today) so I wanted something to supplement on days when I want to do "something" but not feel destroyed. And this sounds great.

• SashaMaja
    SashaMaja Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Google Prancercise. You'll laugh the pounds off! B)

Out of curiosity, I just checked out Prancercise on YouTube. What. A. Hoot.
    https://youtu.be/o-50GjySwew
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone :)
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have zumba , slim in 6 ,flat abs , natalie cassidy then and now , and i just now thats what i call fitness bit hard at the mo for me lol and i have the wii just dance ones ,,, u need to change ur routines not sure if itsevery 3 days or 7 ... Ur body gets use to it and gets lazy ,, i also do swiming and aqua fit and the gym feel im tonning up not loseing weight which im annoyed. At just wont go xx
  • sooby1
    sooby1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have just started back to fitness after a terrible year. I think leslie Sansone is great. There are 1,2, 3 and 5 mile workouts which are brilliant at home. I started a few weeks ago and do the exercises every other day and I've started walking in a rambling club most Sunday's. Fingers crossed I'm on the road to fitness and hopefully a better year. X x
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I do daily burn in my laptop. Its free for 30 days then 12.95 a month after that. They have alot of great workouts ranging from 15 mins to 45 mins. You can do whichever you like start a program of just do the workouts. It also comes with meal planning. If its something your interested in i suggest trying it out i just started my second week and I'm really enjoying it!
  • ForStMicheal
    ForStMicheal Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    could try the 10 min trainer
  • ereckless82
    ereckless82 Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cgrnlaw wrote: »
    Leslie Sansome Walk away the Pounds is a great starter DVD :)

This! Also, JM has a beginner DVD that is fabulous. Not sure if it's the same as "beginner shred", but it says JM for beginners. It's two workouts. One for the frontside and one for the backside. They are longer workouts, but they are tremendously effective at getting your muscles conditioned so that you can move on to more advanced workouts. I am beyond the beginner stage (took me a while after having my first baby), but I still use it with heavier weights to condition myself when I up my weights. My husband is doing it to get his muscles reconditioned too. It's a true Jillian style workout with circuit training. 6 total circuits, 3 reps of each set in each circuit. By far the best conditioning DVD I have ever come across!

Once you're ready to move up, JM 30 day shred is great!
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    giving JM beginners shred a try tonight :) ordered it last week
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheal's Last Chance Workout (Based on the Biggest Loser)
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I do (and love) FitnessBlender.com workout videos -- they are all free, available through YouTube, and you can do a search on their website for what you are looking for (low impact, HIIT, strength, upper or lower or total, length of time, etc.).
  • dalmudhaf94
    dalmudhaf94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try daily burn I really like they're workout routines and they plan an entire month of workouts for you depending on which program you choose. They're really efficient and effective
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I love Turbo Fire. She is a little irritating but I like the workouts.
    SashaMaja wrote: »

Out of curiosity, I just checked out Prancercise on YouTube. What. A. Hoot.
    https://youtu.be/o-50GjySwew

Hmmm. I used to Prancercize when I was. 4. Only I called it 'Pretending to be a Pony.". Hilarious. And she is so earnest about it.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    SashaMaja wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/cIXIZ_8aGM8

More (cuz misery loves company)