Hi, I am new here

Options
Hi everyone. I am new to the site and looking for all the advice or support I can get. I have 130 pounds to lose so at times it feels like an impossible task but I know I can do this. I have three beautiful boys (ages 7, 5, and 1) and I am determined to get healthy not only for myself but for them. I turn 30 in 13 months and I would really like to enter that stage in my life as a healthy person since I spent my 20's unhealthy. I have an extensive history of heart disease in my family and I know if I don't do something soon I will just be repeating the cycle. Anyway, I am excited to be here and can't wait to be a healthier me. Again, any and all advice welcome!!

Thanks,
Amy

Replies

• darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi Amy! You've come to the right place for your new heathier lifesyle...this site makes it so much easier to log your calories and get the support you need from others. Have fun and enjoy!
  • ajfro
    ajfro Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi Amy,
    Welcome!
    I am in the same boat you are. I have to lose 130 to be within my healthy weight range but I am striving to be on the lighter side of that range so I am striving for just a bit more.
    I too feel it looks impossible but I am sure we can both do it!!
    Good luck to you on your journey. You have three very important people that will give you the incentive you need to obtain your goal!
    If you would like we can give each other the encouragement needed!
  • amy72015
    amy72015 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you!
  • katieb63
    katieb63 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, welcome, I am quite new too and have 120 lb to lose. Good luck and feel free to friend me if you want some support. :happy:
  • amy72015
    amy72015 Posts: 16
    Options
    ajfro- I would really like it if we could provide encouragement to each other. It sounds like we are in very similar boats! Thanks for your post!