Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• KevannC
    KevannC Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Im a cashier, and find I drop so many more coins now that there is more space between my fingers LOL
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    Loaded up the car with 1200lbs of standard weights, seven bars, a box of collars, and two benches to sell off- all are non-olympic gear. It took me an hour to walk it out of the basement, load it, and secure it for the highway trip.

On the other end, it took three 20-year olds forty minutes to unload it all into shopping carts.

OMG THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    KevannC wrote: »
    Im a cashier, and find I drop so many more coins now that there is more space between my fingers LOL

LOL that's a specific one....Fantastic

• Charlotte318
    Charlotte318 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump...some day soon I will add to this
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had been itching to add my progress on this thread :) so here it goes - just for now and for quick info. I'm 5'6 weighed 208lbs at my highest but started at 195lbs this year. I'm down 22lbs and it has made a HUGE difference. I still have about 30lbs to go I'd like to be in Healthy BMI and weigh about 145.
    • I went from size 14/16 pants down to 8/10 or 29/30
    • Going from L/XL tops to S/M tops
    • My feet did shrink from 10 to 9.5 - I have some expensive shoes that I can't let go so I need to buy those inserts so I can still wear them.
    • I can work out in 2 hours total and doesn't bother me and I don't lose my breath.
    • My face is skinnier.
    • When countouring my face, I dont have to put so much on around my cheekbones, I can actually have a bit of guidance.
    • I was able to fit in my MEDIUM leather jacket that I have put out for over 10 years!
    • I love taking selfies and comparing my progress! where before I cant stand being on ANY picture!
    • My boobies shrunk! and my butt :( concentrating to firm up my behind!
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Return of babe magnetism!!!
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have kind of had to relearn how to keep my balance. I'm used to hauling around 300+ lbs. and it doesn't take quite as much effort to move around at 200 lbs. A couple of months ago I face planted when I got up from the couch. I used a little too much force standing up and the momentum just kept me going forward until I was face down on the ottoman. My husband laughed so hard he cried.

I had a mouth full of water when I read this. I might need to replace my keyboard!
  • lesstratford
    lesstratford Posts: 113 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1) Sex is more awesome.
    2) shopping for clothes is awesome. I used to get clothes that would hide my shape. But now I want clothes to accentuate my shape, lol
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, and I've been doing this for 20 days only, but I've noticed how I don't have to spend much money on the healthy food ( as I used to) because I don't really need to eat that much and I just go and buy what I really need. And the food that used to last one day now can last 4-5 days.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, and I've been doing this for 20 days only, but I've noticed how I don't have to spend much money on the healthy food ( as I used to) because I don't really need to eat that much and I just go and buy what I really need. And the food that used to last one day now can last 4-5 days.

^^
    This! My cooking that was meant to last 5 days is now entering day 7 with plenty left to go!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Donate blood and feel little to no impact on my next workout

I wish that were the case for me. I donated blood in Feb and I was basically at goal weight (BMI 22, in any case) and in very good cardiovascular health. It took me about a week to recover from that. I felt like death within 4-5 minutes of starting any serious cardio. I said, "Whoever gets my blood better live, gottdammit!". :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • coffeeMAME
    coffeeMAME Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    how much extra skin I would have... its been over two years since i lost it and i still look like my skin is melting off my body.

i'm finding out i'm going to need some serious (and expensive) plastic surgery to get rid of it :(
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    KimWW wrote: »
    I have only lost 35 of over 200 pounds needed. Not much has changed yet, in ME. But my daughters (who I try to be gentle with about weight issues, because I don't want to make things worse) are looking GOOD. They come to the pool with me to swim sometimes, and since I have been eating healthier, the whole family has been eating healthier.

I was looking at pics from our beach vacation of 2013. My youngest was getting visibly chubby. Today she wears the same swimsuit, but looks so much healthier! This summer she will need a new suit, as this one is getting too loose.

I love this. I've only recently started my weight loss journey (Wednesday will be 8 weeks, down 20 pounds, 40 more to go). This past week my husband has been commenting on how he should cut down on his calories, and how he could stand to eat a little less. He also said that it's a waste of money to eat more food then he really needs.

I decided to lose weight for myself, but I also see it benefiting my whole family. Another thing is that the kids want to go walking with me, and we've started finding local trails to walk (or skate, if it's paved). Them, not me. I haven't gotten up the nerve to learn how to skate, yet. I just don't want everybody watching the fatty trying to skate. But I've actually started seriously thinking about learning, whereas, before there was NO WAY.
  • shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    That I really am a good cook! I used to cook a lot of convenience food out of a box, frozen, etc. Fast but not very good. Now I'm a recipe hound and like to use fresh herbs etc. My family says "who knew Mom could cook!"
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Im only down about 30lbs with about 40 to goal.. but heres what I've noticed
    -My jeans are falling down and old jeans are fitting again
    -My work scrubs are getting HUGE on me!!
    -My eyes seem bigger due to facial weight loss
    -Sleeping on my side is out, my knees are bony now
    -I have so much energy now!! Its insaine!
    -I have zero trouble falling asleep now!
    -Im a much happier person now!

On the flip side.. Fat stores estrogen, and due to me losing 30lbs so fast my estrogen level dropped a lot and I've been having serious DUB... which sucks... but once my weight loss slows the problem will correct itself. Problem solved =)
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Also... I feel taller which is weird.. And I feel like the arch in my feet is bigger which also probably seems weird haha..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!