wich is best?

Options
Wich scale do you think is better digital or dial for being able to get weight accuracy?

Replies

• megganjeninngs69
    megganjeninngs69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    And yes before anyone says anything im terrible at spelling etc.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    None of the above.

Weight is a terrible measure of health improvement. Instead, focus on body composition, how you’re sleeping, and how you feel. If you don’t have a reliable way to measure body fat, take body measurements (neck, chest, stomach, waist, hips, upper arms and upper legs) and pictures. Do your program and every two to three weeks, remeasure. Adjust as needed and charge on.

• cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    None of the above.

Weight is a terrible measure of health improvement. Instead, focus on body composition, how you’re sleeping, and how you feel. If you don’t have a reliable way to measure body fat, take body measurements (neck, chest, stomach, waist, hips, upper arms and upper legs) and pictures. Do your program and every two to three weeks, remeasure. Adjust as needed and charge on.

I agree with your statement, but the OP's question was for weight accuracy not health.
    OP, digital scales tend to be far more accurate than dial, as dial (mechanical) rely on springs and levers that wear out over time, thus reducing their accuracy.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Digital. Dial scales might be affected by large changes in temperature, like what tends to happen in kitchens.
  • megganjeninngs69
    Options
    Ugh! I know yr rite nd im not putting all my focus on the scale but im doin the 5x5 heavylift program and iv went from 171 to 175 or more nd iv been over counting calories just in case . Id just like to see it move down ! :# The only thing keeping me goin is that i have lost inches . Thank u for yr response :)
  • jonyb19
    jonyb19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    if there anything like my scales ( dial) i can lose 3 lb by getting on and off !!! or gain it lol
    and if you have put on a few pounds and lost inches your doing the right thing anyway, 5x5 is a strength plan more than weight reduction id suggest, but might be wrong..
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    jonyb19 wrote: »
    and if you have put on a few pounds and lost inches your doing the right thing anyway, 5x5 is a strength plan more than weight reduction id suggest, but might be wrong..

True, if all you want is to lose weight and don’t care if much of it is muscle. If all we cared about was weight loss, then cutting off body parts would get us faster results than dieting.
  • megganjeninngs69
    Options
    True
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter providing you consistently use the same scale.