Working core after effects?

Options
hi, my tummy is my problem area, my only problem is every stomach exercise I do or cure strengthening exercise makes me ill the following day, I have t been to gym this week as its half term, I done some burpees, jumping jacks, squats, Kettlebells swings the last 2 days, not specifically targeting my stomach but I'm paying for it today... It's not a one time thing it happens every time I do anything that works my abs/core!!!
Any advice?

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ill, as in actual gastric distress (vomiting, diarrhea) or ill, as in sore?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Define "ill". What are you feeling?

If it's just sore, that's normal and will pass. It makes you uncomfortable for a while, but it is harmless.

If you are throwing up the days after working core then there is a chance you actually have a medical issue that you should see a doctor for.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ill the next day (24 hours later)? But you are still working out? PLease explain further.. DO not understand your symptoms or side effects from what exactly?????
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    More of a good thing is not the answer. Set up a program that has work and rest built in. If you’re doing the same resistance exercises day after day, you’re not accomplishing anything. As for abs, you can’t spot reduce. Work on what and how much you’re eating, lose fat, and the abs will take care of themselves (over time).
  • ForStMicheal
    ForStMicheal Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Also curious to know the quality of the discomfort
  • nataliejenkins123
    nataliejenkins123 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Ill, as in actual gastric distress (vomiting, diarrhea) or ill, as in sore?
    Distress... Bad nausea :-(
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Define "ill". What are you feeling?

If it's just sore, that's normal and will pass. It makes you uncomfortable for a while, but it is harmless.

If you are throwing up the days after working core then there is a chance you actually have a medical issue that you should see a doctor for.
    Yes I think I should see a doctor regarding this as I know no one else this happens to, it's frustrating!!!
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    More of a good thing is not the answer. Set up a program that has work and rest built in. If you’re doing the same resistance exercises day after day, you’re not accomplishing anything. As for abs, you can’t spot reduce. Work on what and how much you’re eating, lose fat, and the abs will take care of themselves (over time).
    I usually do a gym session 3 x a week but as its half term I have t been able to go, so thought a few exercises at home would still keep me ticking over!!! I know that I have to get rid of my belly fat that's why I do not do ab crunches or specifically target my ab muscles, the exercises I done were total body moves and didn't actually think it would affect me as it has .

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I get nausea after a good bout of kettle bell swings and/or burpees. But it passes within a few minutes.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You should see a doctor.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Are you hydrated enough? I often get stomach cramps after I run because I'm not adequately hydrated...

It's really hard to say what the issue is or could be.
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Ill the next day (24 hours later)? But you are still working out? PLease explain further.. DO not understand your symptoms or side effects from what exactly?????
    Yes every time I do exercises that work my core im very sick the next day... I done these Sunday and Monday and didn't actually realise it was the reason for my nausea, my body has suffered a lot of illness the last 8 years and exercise was not done until recently so I need to build my fitness up from scratch, but time and time again core/ab exercises make me physically sick
    And no if I feel this way I do not work out again
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    I get nausea after a good bout of kettle bell swings and/or burpees. But it passes within a few minutes.
    I just don't understand why I get the effects the following day... Quite often if im doing sprints I feel a bit sick, but it passes! Strange!
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Are you hydrated enough? I often get stomach cramps after I run because I'm not adequately hydrated...

It's really hard to say what the issue is or could be.
    Yes I think I am but I'll keep that in mind and drink more! Thank you
  • nataliejenkins123
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    You should see a doctor.
    I recover from any other exercise fine... It's a strange one...
    I started doing the 30 day plank challenge but had to stop at day 4!!!! I was sooo sick
    Actually like a tummy bug