Its a no go

Options

Replies

• KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I drink an all natural green tea every morning and have been going regularly... prior to the eating better, drinking the water and the daily tea I was a once a week go kinda gal which was not the best feeling in the world. Good luck to you!
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    You could try Miralax - it is not like traditional stimulant laxatives and is not dangerous or habit-forming like a stimulant laxative. It draws additional water to your colon to soften, loosen, and stimulate a movement. It was recommended for m 13yo when he was badly constipated and I expressed the same concerns about using a laxative, this is what I was told (and that it is used in pediatric patients frequently as well)

Yes this. Its safe for women who are pregnant and young kids.

I would try that as temporary, but talk to your doctor about the issues.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor. If you are unable to get in right away and are in discomfort, take an over the counter stool softener. Not nearly as unpleasant as a laxative.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Chocolite protein bars or Chocolite Chocolate Crispy Caramel from www.healthsmartfoods.com The bars have about 10g protein, about 10g fiber and are about 100 calories; they're also sugar free/gluten free. The caramel comes in a 2 pack - 12g fiber and 60 calories.

You can usually find coupon codes at www.retailmenot.com

It's really helped me with that issue.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I hear sugar-free gummy bears will work...maybe too well. Read the Amazon reviews :D
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Two cups, black.

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I hear sugar-free gummy bears will work...maybe too well. Read the Amazon reviews :D

Beat me to it! hahahh I die every time.

OP - How long has this been an issue? How do you feel?

My son is having bathroom issues, so I am taking note of some of the suggestions.
  • Peanutmanak47
    Peanutmanak47 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    See a doctor.

• scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Doctors, pharmacist, more fibre and water, cranberry juice...in that order.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    What works for me.... coffee, vigorous exercise and magniseum supplements.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    magnesium citrate.

This.

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Go drink an espresso and then browse at a book or record store. Gets me every time.

Also, I second taking an over-the-counter stool softener instead of a laxative. Miralax is supposedly gentle...but, seeing as my husband just took it for his colonoscopy prep, I'm skeptical about HOW gentle.

And, yes, it may be a side effect of stopping drinking alcohol. A doctor can tell you how long that might last.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Prunes or prune juice work wonders for me. Also going for a run.....never freaking fails that I have to make a stop in the middle of a run. Don't do these two things on the same day :wink:
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Go drink an espresso and then browse at a book or record store. Gets me every time.

Also, I second taking an over-the-counter stool softener instead of a laxative. Miralax is supposedly gentle...but, seeing as my husband just took it for his colonoscopy prep, I'm skeptical about HOW gentle.

And, yes, it may be a side effect of stopping drinking alcohol. A doctor can tell you how long that might last.

Have an espresso and ask to try on some clothes at Nordstrom. It'll hit you right as the fitting room attendant gets you all set up and is waiting outside in case you need another size.

Miralax is very gentle, as long as you take the recommended dose. It basically works like fiber by adding bulk and carrying water to your business end to soften the content and lube things up - but it's much more digestible than fiber, so it doesn't worsen the problem.

The dose they would have given your husband would be a lot bigger, and yeah... all that liquid gets carried right to the affected area, turning everything in it's path to the consistency of pudding.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Prunes or prune juice work wonders for me. Also going for a run.....never freaking fails that I have to make a stop in the middle of a run. Don't do these two things on the same day :wink:

I need a different place to run - I run in my neighborhood and I can just imagine pounding on a neighbor's door saying "Hey, can I blow out your plumbing?"
  • Sophsmother
    Sophsmother Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    LOL I know...yes I am a coffee drinker and used to be after my first cup(or first couple sips) I was off to the john like clockwork, now nothing. Something I wonder, up until a few months ago I was a fairly heavy boozer, which seemed to make me go, um well, too much. When I quit drinking is when this issue started. Maybe my body is still adjusting...

This could also be your new normal since you've made some big changes. Are you uncomfortable or bloated? Are you having cramps? I would try something OTC like Miralax. If that doesn't work in 48 hours, see the doc. My doc recommended Miralax when I went 10 days without a bowel movement. It worked.
  • paulbearss
    paulbearss Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use a generic stool softener from dollar general. Its like 3 bucks and works great for me. If you haven't had this problem before, make sure you do something about this soon. It is very unpleasant (to say the least) to be severely constipated to the point you have to use an enema. Trust me on this one!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    BinkyBonk wrote: »

I need a different place to run - I run in my neighborhood and I can just imagine pounding on a neighbor's door saying "Hey, can I blow out your plumbing?"
    LOL exactly the reason I make sure I run where there are plenty of businesses like coffee shops and gas stations. Then I never show my face there again.

• dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    How were your bowel movements before?