Water Intake

Options
When working to drink 8 glasses of water, I have a few questions:

1. Is each glass of water 8 oz?
2. Do you drink each glass of water quickly or is it better to stretch them out?

Thank You for any responses.

Replies

• Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Each glass should be at least 8ounces, and it;s important to stretch them out through out the day. Drinking to much to fast can wash out your electrolytes.
  • dthompson17
    dthompson17 Posts: 24
    Options
    I try to drink one 8 oz glass each hour while I am working.
  • suzksell
    suzksell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz. Camelback water bottle that I drink from. I know if I finish it twice then I have consumed my MINIMUM of water for the day. I keep it with me everywhere I go, so it's a lot of general sipping.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    When working to drink 8 glasses of water, I have a few questions:

1. Is each glass of water 8 oz?
    2. Do you drink each glass of water quickly or is it better to stretch them out?

Thank You for any responses.

Yes each glass is 8 oz. Spreading it out is better, it helps keep your body hydrated. Remember to drink before, during and after workout.
  • Angiebug1969
    Angiebug1969 Posts: 152
    Options
    I take a 16.9 oz water bottle to work, and refill throughout the day. Each "bottle" is equivalent to 2 "glasses" of water. I keep it on my desk at all times, or take it with me to meetings, and by the end of my work day, I will have gone through probably 3 or 3 1/2 bottles of water. Then I always drink at least one bottle of water before bed. (I don't think my tummy could take it if I guzzled the water all at once!) LoL! :smile:
  • paubanda
    paubanda Posts: 34
    Options
    I try to drink one 8 oz glass each hour while I am working.

AWESOME IDEA!!!!!!
  • Denisefitpal66
    Denisefitpal66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I fill up a 64 oz container with ice water in the morning. I try to complete it by the end of my work day. 1 "glass" water equals 8 oz. , so if you drink bottled water, 2 20oz bottles is equal to 5 glasses of water. Hope this is helpful. I do find I feel better when I drink my water.
  • SydDT
    SydDT Posts: 1
    Options
    My doctor says, when your urin a VERY pale yellow, you will know you're drinking enough water.
  • TNelly
    TNelly Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree with all the sippers... The only other time is if you are taking meds. Since it is better to drink them with full glass then it is also a great wAY to get your first glass in... Good luck...
  • QUICKENSU
    QUICKENSU Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank You for the rely. Good information on the electrolytes.. Congrats on Weight Loss!