Maintenance friends wanted (esp. runners)

Options
Hi everyone, I've been at maintenance for about a year now I find I don't relate to a lot of people on my friends list anymore - not just that many are still trying to lose a lot of weight but my focus has also shifted to fitness, or more specifically increasing my running speed. I maintain at around 1800 calories and run 4-5 days a week. I'd like a few more friends who are in a similar space. So if you can relate, please add me.

Replies

• paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am training for a hm and working on speed for a 10 mile race at the end of April
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oh yesss! Runners <3
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Add me pleas!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for about a year as well. I run to and from work and everywhere else I need to go so I'm usually doing a minimum of 20k a day and end up at around 2500 - 3000 cal per day depending on how many kilometers I've done. Going to do a race in October....still deciding if I want to do the 1/2 or full marathon, I'm not sure I can afford the groceries between now and then if I have to increase the amount of running I do to train for the full....lol
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm going into maintenance tomorrow (just hit my goal today!) and I'm training for a half marathon in May!

Seeing that number on the scale was a good way to end an 11.5 mile practice run where I spent most it annoyed that the weather is warmish during the week but cold with bitter winds on my long run day.

I'm still trying to figure out good runner's diet (and how to fuel and recover), as I've only gotten serious about it in the last few months.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just "officially" switched my calories here to maintenance, but I've been hovering around the same weight for several months now so I'm assuming this is just my "happy weight". I run 3x a week and cross train/strength train the other days. Happy to have more friends!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Runner here! I've been maintaining for a few months now, but would actually like to drop a few more pounds to increase my speed.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    runner here too and maintaining over 6 months...I'll send you a FR :smile: I average 2000-2200 gross cals.
  • charlatte987
    charlatte987 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hey, add me!! I'm a runner, trying to make my college team. I'm recovering from some nasty shin splints so my cal intake is pretty low as of late, but usually it's more around 2400 with my normal milage and when i add weights and cross training into the mix. If I lose a few pounds that'd be great to get faster, but it's not my main focus. Just trying to eat healthier, and keep track of that. I'm Out of shape so my 5k time is pretty high now most likely, but i'd like it to get down to below 20 by the end of my 4 years of college.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I'm never at maintenance, getting ready for a cut here. I'm a lifter runner, so I'm kind of a jerk and I had to drop my runs to 3 times a week. I do enjoy letting people into my life in my friend request as I have an entire basement dungeon. would you accept my friend request? I also got injured last year, so I am just ramping back up my distance before working on interval work. Have a 1/2 marathon this month that I did not train for at all. Will be fun. Also need to get back to pulling 340 on deadlift. Body-weight work for OCR races. Really I just mostly talk about pain as pleasure. you would enjoy, We have such sites to show you.
  • Wendy98
    Wendy98 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have been a runner for over 17 years. I am content with my current weight, so I guess I'm maintaining? I have a marathon in about 3 weeks (Boston) and I had to halt my training in February--I had a stress fracture in my femur. I have slowly started running again, but have been cross training like a mad woman. I know Boston won't be a PR, but I am going to do it and just enjoy the race (I know I am going to suffer some).

I have a few other races on my calendar for the 2nd half of the year and I hope to be back to my top racing form.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I'm a maintenance runner/walker

29509743.png
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Fellow runner here! I've only been at maintenance for about five months. I start my half marathon training tomorrow for my first half of the year in May. I'm working on speed as well. I want to finish a half in two hours or less just once.
  • Ekatrina
    Ekatrina Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me too.
    I lost my weight, very recently, and started running last year