Weight question for other 5'7 girls!

Options
13»

Replies

• lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    So I do have a fancy scale I bought years ago that does do the breakdown. I just didn't know if the numbers were really correct.
    According to the scale I'm at 19% body fat.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I would stick with where you feel comfortable. Take some progress pics too so you can reference how far you've come and where you want to be! You might also try weight training for body composition if you aren't already. Don't let a chart dictate an exact number of where it says you "should" be.
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm 5-foot-7-and-a-smidge.
    When I lost before, I got down to 158, which was a solid size 12. My doctor thought that any lower than that would be too much, and actually recommended 164 as a good weight for me at that time.
    I should have listened! Instead, I tried maintaining that lower weight and it was just too hard.
    (For what it's worth, I gained all of the weight back with my second pregnancy.)
  • ChipChocolatePancake
    ChipChocolatePancake Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have wondered about this too! Until recently, as an adult, I had never weighed less than 230lbs. I am 5'7", 22 years old, and weighed about 160lbs by age 10 and 215lbs by age 13...so I really have NO frame of reference of what is a good weight for me, personally. After a high of 281lbs 3 years ago, I have s-l-o-w-l-y been losing, and I currently weigh 219lbs. For now, I think my goal is in the 140 range, but I'm going to see how I'm feeling/looking as I continue to lose weight, and take it from there :)

On a side note, I feel a bit confused about my frame size now...I have always thought I had a large frame. I have super broad shoulders and very wide hips. But measuring my wrist with the link someone posted above, apparently I actually have a small frame? Huh. Weird.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have wondered about this too! Until recently, as an adult, I had never weighed less than 230lbs. I am 5'7", 22 years old, and weighed about 160lbs by age 10 and 215lbs by age 13...so I really have NO frame of reference of what is a good weight for me, personally. After a high of 281lbs 3 years ago, I have s-l-o-w-l-y been losing, and I currently weigh 219lbs. For now, I think my goal is in the 140 range, but I'm going to see how I'm feeling/looking as I continue to lose weight, and take it from there :)

On a side note, I feel a bit confused about my frame size now...I have always thought I had a large frame. I have super broad shoulders and very wide hips. But measuring my wrist with the link someone posted above, apparently I actually have a small frame? Huh. Weird.

I also thought I had a large frame because I have linebacker shoulders and wide hips, but according to the wrist measurement, I have a medium frame. Doesn't change the fact that I look best around 150/the higher end of a healthy BMI. It's not just body frame, it's also how much muscle you have and where you tend to carry your fat

(also, in case OP or anyone else was curious, my high weight was 240, current weight is 166ish, goal/low weight is 150)
  • goofydee30
    goofydee30 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Same height here, my heaviest was 280 and I am currently @ 208 trying my best just to get below that 200 goal. I would like to see 180 but 195 might be best for me but won't know till I get there ;) .... big bones runs in my family... Under 200 would an awesome accomplishment for me though. Best of luck to each & everyone of you!!!
  • CobieHansen
    CobieHansen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bounce between 5'6" and 5'7". I'm 20 years old, but I havent grown since I was 16. I weigh 220lbs, but people are surprised because I don't look "fat" or overweight at all. I have moderate muscle mass. I'm just built a little bulkier. My goal is to feel healthier, not try to reach a BMI that would leave me looking anorexic. BMI's dont take into account body type. Even doctors and scientists say they are bullpoop.
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    goofydee30 wrote: »
    Same height here, my heaviest was 280 and I am currently @ 208 trying my best just to get below that 200 goal. I would like to see 180 but 195 might be best for me but won't know till I get there ;) .... big bones runs in my family... Under 200 would an awesome accomplishment for me though. Best of luck to each & everyone of you!!!

Getting under 200lbs is such a huge accomplishment... Make sure you have a c ya later 200lbs party!! And never look back!
  • cljohnoson52
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'7" at 164 lbs my heaviest was 197 lbs. I swore I wouldn't go over 200 and I didn't. My next short term goal is 150 lbs. My long term goal is be happy with how I look regardless of the pounds. I have a large frame and I carry all my weight around my torso but I've finally seen a difference in the amount of back fat that I have. I know I still have room to loose more. I think the key is where you feel comfortable with yourself.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'8", currently 180 lbs, and aiming for 155 lbs. I know how you feel though, I'm so excited to just get under 165 lbs and be in a 'normal' BMI range!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 145lbs. I work construction and have muscle definition. I'm also medium frame.

I say, just stick to eating healthy and exercising. Eventually, your body will stop losing weight and that is where your 'happy' weight is. Then you'll know if 143lbs is unrealistic for your body type.