Problem maintaining weight

Options
I had a really hard time loosing weight intially - successfully lost about 70 pounds. I am now 16 pounds less than my original goal. I currently weigh 119 and was hoping to stay about 125 - I keep loosing now and not maintaining. Am I not eating enough? I typically eat about 1600 cals a day and am very active. Should I try to eat some of calories I am burning off? Thanks!

Replies

• sirion2
    sirion2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Um, is this a trick question? Yes, if you want to weigh 6 pounds more than you do right now, you will need to eat more food. By the way, congrats on the huge loss! Way to go!
  • jenniferjohnsonament
    jenniferjohnsonament Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try adjusting your settings on here to wear it gives you calories to gain 1-2 lbs a week. Make sure to account for your activity too.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    So, 1600 is not your maintenance. Start walking your calories up until you find that balance.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You've done amazingly! But you now need to eat more. ..keep upping cals by 200 every few weeks and find your true maintenance cals :smile:
  • mzavilla
    mzavilla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions-I guess after loosing weight-I was scared to eat more and gain any back. Thanks for the suggestions-I will try. Everyone thinks I am getting too thin at this point so I would at least like to just stay where I'm at!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Start with 100 calorie daily for 2 weeks, see what you weigh, then add another 100 daily, etc., until you even out.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're eating too little. Use the MFP calculator. And congratulations!
  • mddl
    mddl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have almost same problem, I m 5"1 and weight from 120 to 125, mfp calories intake is 1440. I don't understand, I'm trying to stay at 120, due to surgeries can not work out at this time. Any suggestions please. I'm scared to go back up to 175
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    mzavilla wrote: »
    I had a really hard time loosing weight intially - successfully lost about 70 pounds. I am now 16 pounds less than my original goal. I currently weigh 119 and was hoping to stay about 125 - I keep loosing now and not maintaining. Am I not eating enough? I typically eat about 1600 cals a day and am very active. Should I try to eat some of calories I am burning off? Thanks!

No you aren't eating enough.
    Yes eat your exercise calories and fuel those workouts.