7 days

Options
I have a small child so it is hard to get to the gym only once a week Iv done this the last three weeks and started 'my fitness pal' 7 days ago and yet it shows iv lost nothing . Trying my best but clearly it's not working any advice :(

Replies

• envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Seven days is too short a time to see results. You need to give it more time.
  • corycc436
    Options
    Hi Mellymoo,

I've worked with many people in the past who have the same issue. My response to them - wake up early and do some morning routine yoga. There are many free websites out there that you can begin with and they will help you to learn basic technique. Despite the fact that you may not feel like you're working hard enough, you do not have to sweat profusely to burn calories.

If you can't make it to the gym to exercise those calories off, you'll have to adjust your diet to make sure that you're eating less calories than you're burning off in a day. Take full advantage of all the MFP has to offer with recipes, calorie counting, etc. Also, make sure that you're drinking enough water. This is one of the biggest mistakes I see people make when they get in to working out.

During your one day a week in the gym, make sure you're hitting all of your big muscle groups. There is a lot of research out there that shows that even just doing one set of a lift bears results.

Additionally, Envy09 is right. One week is not a sufficient amount of time to see weight loss. Any loss could be attributed to excessive sweating or many other factors. Try not to weigh yourself daily or even weekly. I always told me clients that they should give themselves 30 days to before looking back at the scale.

Keep up the hard work and don't quit. You'll eventually reach your goal!
  • mellymoo872015
    mellymoo872015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you both, what does yoga do ?