What are you planning for Easter dinner?

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
Just curious what everyone is planning on having for Easter dinner?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    A Celebration roast, sweet potatoes and asparagus. Fruit for dessert, because Im too lazy to bake lately.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    We had burgers for lunch last year. I'm sure it will be something similar.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    We have a ham so we'll have that. I think we'll have mac and cheese, baked beans, maybe sweet potato. Deviled eggs.
    We aren't having people over so haven't had to make much of a plan.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Ham for sure.... other than that I am debating. It is just going to be my husband, my parents and myself (maybe my brother-in-law & his girlfriend). I L❤VE to cook so I always go super overboard when making celebratory meals. I am going to TRY and keep it healthy this Easter but I don't know if it will happen.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,599 Member
    Options
    No planning since it's potluck we have every year with my family. So whatever is there.............is what I'm gonna eat. Lumpia and dinaguan are my favs though. Oh and with WHITE rice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Definitely salmon, shrimp, and probably filet mignon as the stars with plenty of different roasted vegetables (probably brussels sprouts or asparagus, maybe butternut squash or something). Can't wait!
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ham, scalloped potatoes and corn for the carb eaters, cheesy cauliflower and zoodle pesto for the low carbers. Probably rolls. Not sure about dessert yet.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Lamb, roasted potatoes (although possibly sweet potatoes), and a medley of spring veggies. Probably also the "holiday vegetable" that my mother used to make and my sister now does, which involves cauliflower, broccoli, cheese, and bread crumbs. Not certain about dessert yet, but I usually do strawberry-rhubarb pie and have some ice cream available to go with it.

Likely devilled eggs as an appetizer, but only if someone else brings them, since I'm not really in the mood for them this year.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    For two people (my mom and me), we'll probably skip it this year. But I'll buy a cheesecake.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I bought a leg of lamb because it was 50% off and lamb is my favorite, and my boyfriend said he might see what friends are doing for the holiday, but I kind of hope they're busy doing religious family stuff. I'd just like to bust out the grill for the season, and put enough garlic on that beast to close the hellmouth for good. That's Eastery, right?

I'd eat it with asparagus, quinoa, and so much fresh fruit. I predict a chocolatey egg for dessert.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    We're going out to a buffet. Dear Lord Baby Jesus, halp meh.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Ham, potato salad, deviled eggs, green salad, and strawberry shortcake for dessert.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My family goes out to brunch for easter. Soooo, mimosas, eggs benedict, shrimp cocktail. Saving calories this week :wink:
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Not sure. I have an 18 hour endurance event Friday night and Saturday, so I'll have plenty of calories to play with. I do know that I'm going to try to go out for brunch Sunday morning.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Roast chicken, roast potatoes, ton of veg, gravy and stuffing :tongue:
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on letting my daughter-in-law do the cooking this year! If someone else is cooking, I don't care what they have! :)
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm a traditionalist when it comes to holiday meals. I always have ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, squash, green bean casserole, rolls and desert. During the winter at all of the "holiday's" I make the same foods except I swap out turkey on Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is usually the last time I make mashed potatoes for the year - soon I'll be making salads & BBQ so I enjoy cooking foods the same way my mother and grandmother used to. I am also feeding 11 adults and 10 grandkids - they love to eat!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Oh, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, cheese cake with lemon pie filling on top and my DD is making funfetti cupcakes for the grandkids & DIL is bringing deviled eggs.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It's just another day for us but when I was younger we always had the whole traditional spread. I might make homemade pizza :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    queenbea77 wrote: »
    I'm a traditionalist when it comes to holiday meals.

Yeah, me too--it's interesting to see the diversity of different approaches. For us Easter=lamb, and holidays=certain other dishes. There's more overlap between Thanksgiving and Christmas, though, than between those two and Easter, because my idea of what's traditional is largely determined by what's seasonal (except for certain things like our holiday "vegetable" that gets included no matter what, some kind of potatoes, and pie.

Also, smaller gatherings (like this one will be) often sacrifice some of the dishes just due to practicality and the ability to cater more to the tastes of those coming.