Looking for a pal with similar goals for daily support *warning, very honest, non sugar coated post*

Options
Hello! I can't tell you how frustrated I am to have to be here again. I am such a yo-yoer and sadly and at my heaviest weight of my life :( I have 70lbs to lose. I could give a 1000 excuses, tell you how I am a stress eater, tell you how I have not exercised because winter has been insane in NH and there was too much snow to get out, tell you my husband is deployed again, I could go on and on.....but it would be just that, excuses.

So instead I will tell you the facts. I am an almost 40 stay at home mom with 2 amazingly beautiful girls, 9 & 6. They light up my life. I want to teach them to eat right and exercise so they do not struggle with weight their whole lives like I have.

I have a husband I adore who is deployed with the military. He never hassles me about weight but I know it bothers him. He was so proud when I lost before and I want him to get off that plane next year and say, DAMN that's my wife!!

I am stress eater who can be "good" all day then at night after the kids go to bed I am lonely, bored, stressed or maybe the wind is just blowing the wrong way and I will eat just to eat.

I am not afraid of exercise but I am not jumping up and down with excitement to do it.

I really am looking for a friend with similar goals 50+lbs to lose who likes to chat and talk. Just someone to keep each other on task and have friendly conversation on the way.
No sure of my game plan yet, but I woke this morning and said, today is the day!! Is it your day too?

Replies

• prj1996
    prj1996 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have the same problem! I lost 50 lbs my freshman year of high school. Now, it's my freshman year of college, and I gained it all plus some back. I am engaged and I want to look damn good in my wedding dress. My fiancé and I have been together for three years, so he has seen me go from 150 to 212. He always says I look amazing and he likes me being curvy, but I want him to have some eye candy. I would love to be your friend! I'll add you!
  • curlyblue21
    curlyblue21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have about fifty pounds to lose, lost about 22 so far but Its beginning to slow down, getting a bit confused about how many calories to be on, whether to do low carb or not, so many people have opinions but find myself trying different diets each week! Would also love the support as well!
  • eastinevents
    Options
    Hello! I can't tell you how frustrated I am to have to be here again. I am such a yo-yoer and sadly and at my heaviest weight of my life :( I have 70lbs to lose. I could give a 1000 excuses, tell you how I am a stress eater, tell you how I have not exercised because winter has been insane in NH and there was too much snow to get out, tell you my husband is deployed again, I could go on and on.....but it would be just that, excuses.

So instead I will tell you the facts. I am an almost 40 stay at home mom with 2 amazingly beautiful girls, 9 & 6. They light up my life. I want to teach them to eat right and exercise so they do not struggle with weight their whole lives like I have.

I have a husband I adore who is deployed with the military. He never hassles me about weight but I know it bothers him. He was so proud when I lost before and I want him to get off that plane next year and say, DAMN that's my wife!!

I am stress eater who can be "good" all day then at night after the kids go to bed I am lonely, bored, stressed or maybe the wind is just blowing the wrong way and I will eat just to eat.

I am not afraid of exercise but I am not jumping up and down with excitement to do it.

I really am looking for a friend with similar goals 50+lbs to lose who likes to chat and talk. Just someone to keep each other on task and have friendly conversation on the way.
    No sure of my game plan yet, but I woke this morning and said, today is the day!! Is it your day too?

• Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have 140 lbs to lose in total (16.5 lbs lost so far), I'm mother to a 9 year old daughter, I have a sedentary job, and I'm a comfort and stress eater with at least as many excuses as you.

Like you I woke up yesterday with my motivation back, after spending the last year re-losing the same few pounds.

I will send you a friend request, and happy to have lots of friends on here.
  • blessedxs100
    blessedxs100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have about fifty pounds to lose, lost about 22 so far but Its beginning to slow down, getting a bit confused about how many calories to be on, whether to do low carb or not, so many people have opinions but find myself trying different diets each week! Would also love the support as well!

Nice job on the 22lbs!! What have you been doing to lose?
    I have 140 lbs to lose in total (16.5 lbs lost so far), I'm mother to a 9 year old daughter, I have a sedentary job, and I'm a comfort and stress eater with at least as many excuses as you.

Like you I woke up yesterday with my motivation back, after spending the last year re-losing the same few pounds.

I will send you a friend request, and happy to have lots of friends on here.

I am sure I "should" prob lose 100, but 70 is my goal! Does your daughter exercise with you? We went roller skating last week, that was a blast!

• LBGregory3
    LBGregory3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also a mom of two (7 year old and 6 month old, both girls), and I'm about 63 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight (from my first), though that weight still gives me an "overweight" BMI. My job is fairly sedentary, and it's stressful to be gone all day and then be in mom mode all evening (and sometimes the middle of the night). Healthy eating has definitely taken a backseat!
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43 and gained back all 32 pounds I lost in 2009 and am now having to fight tooth and nail to get it back off 1 pound at a time. I'm so mad I did it to myself, but hey, we're on the right track to get back into shape and health. I'll send you a friend request, feel free to add me too. We can do this!
  • fbref9
    fbref9 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi. Although I am in a different boat than you and the ladies who have posted so far, I was up and down too... and unfortunately more up than down since college. But after hearing some tough words from my kids and my wife agreeing with them, I decided to make a change. So since Aug. 21, 2014, I have lost 60 lbs and my plan is to lose 40 more lbs. Yep.... I am shooting for 100 lbs which would put me at my high school graduation weight. As of today, I am only 10 lbs from my college graduation weight.

I am active with my friends, so if you are looking for daily support and the occasional kick in the butt... I would welcome the add.

As for winter... I completely understand your situation. I live in MA so until last week, I had seen the grass in my yard since December. But Spring is just around the corner!!!!

All the best!
  • jessiejes
    jessiejes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been up and down with my weight. On and off of committing to my goals. This time, trying to stick to it.
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm also a mom of 2, 48, lost just over 50 so far another 50-60 to go, at least. You could add me too if you like. I'm on here each day to log food and exercise, and offering support, motivation and a kick in the butt if needed. Anyone looking for the same , feel free to add.
  • Kathrynha77
    Options
    Does your daughter exercise with you? We went roller skating last week, that was a blast!

Not on a regular basis, but we do pretty active days out in school holidays. Sometimes take her to a fun pool and she plays on the slides, diving boards and wave pool, whilst I go in the normal pool and swim lengths.

On a day out with her I can easily clock up 3-4 times as many steps on my fitbit than I normally do.

Roller skating sounds cool, but my balance is useless.

We have an adventure holiday booked for the summer, and although I won't climb I am determined to do the canoeing and as much as I can.
  • amdouthitt
    amdouthitt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you getting your motivation back! Congrats!
    My situation isn't the same as most of you but I woke up yesterday ready for a change. I've been overweight my entire life, through no fault of my mom. She always made good nutritious meals but I was a closet-snacker. I graduated high school in 2007 at my lowest weight of 160 and have almost doubled since then. I managed to get to that point by consuming nothing but salad, green tea and water. Being a teenager and hanging out, being active was easy. Once high school ended and my friends left, I took a sedentary job as a secretary and met my future hubs who has always had a large appetite. I started following his eating habits and literally ballooned from there. We are anxious to start our family and to do that, I need to lose between 100-150 lbs. I've overcome a huge diaphragmatic birth defect among other health issues (none weight related) and am ready to tackle this fat! I always hear about how "freeing" running can be for a person, mentally and physically. While I can't run yet, I've started walking at least 1 mile per day and slowly increasing until I can jog it comfortably. My short-term goal is to complete (whether by walking, running, or both) The Color Run in my area slated for June. My newly adopted mantra is "Shut up, legs! Get your *kitten* together, lungs! F--k you, fat!" Not very lady like, but it's helped me so far! :smile: I hope you are able to achieve all you set out to achieve. I'll send you a friend request as well.
  • stephegrl03
    stephegrl03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have a goal loss of about 85lbs. I haven't been under 200lbs since 9th grade... 15 yrs later, I've gotten close but never broken it. Now, I'm at the forefront of my career that requires intense physical activity. Grad school and a bad relationship ended with me losing all the muscle definition i gained and packing on the 30lbs i lost in 2012. Re-starting sucks but we can do it! :)
  • blessedxs100
    blessedxs100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have a goal loss of about 85lbs. I haven't been under 200lbs since 9th grade... 15 yrs later, I've gotten close but never broken it. Now, I'm at the forefront of my career that requires intense physical activity. Grad school and a bad relationship ended with me losing all the muscle definition i gained and packing on the 30lbs i lost in 2012. Re-starting sucks but we can do it! :)
    I LOVE your profile pic! That is another reason I want to lose, when my husband returns we are going to disney and I do not want to be stressing about being uncomfortable on rides!! How are you starting out, are you doing a certain plan?
    fbref9 wrote: »
    Hi. Although I am in a different boat than you and the ladies who have posted so far, I was up and down too... and unfortunately more up than down since college. But after hearing some tough words from my kids and my wife agreeing with them, I decided to make a change. So since Aug. 21, 2014, I have lost 60 lbs and my plan is to lose 40 more lbs. Yep.... I am shooting for 100 lbs which would put me at my high school graduation weight. As of today, I am only 10 lbs from my college graduation weight.

I am active with my friends, so if you are looking for daily support and the occasional kick in the butt... I would welcome the add.

As for winter... I completely understand your situation. I live in MA so until last week, I had seen the grass in my yard since December. But Spring is just around the corner!!!!

All the best!

Awesome job so far!! I never complain about winter, but holy cow this year was bad. I really took for grant it all the work my husband did with snow blowing etc, until he deployed and it was on me......the good news is I am a pro snow blower and shoveler!!

• tiffbeckett
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom too of a three month old and a six year old both girls! Being a mother as crazy as it can get has not seemed to keep me in shape at all would love to lose about 50 lbs I definitely would love some motivation and chat from others who are in the same boat as me. Just started yesterday so needless to say I have a lot of work to do
  • Kathrynha77
    Options
    Shovelling and blowing snow sounds like a good work out. We've had hardly any snow this winter. Just lots of wind and rain.
    Hoping that spring will bring some nice weather to get outside, but not so far.

Going on an Easter Egg hunt with my daughter this weekend, so that should be good exercise.
  • JLDRKSJ
    JLDRKSJ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I totally get the night time eating. That's me as well. Although my kids are older, I don't get "my time" to chill until night and that's when I noticed I started snacking. I have been using MFP since January, met a lot of people who have helped along the way. I don't stress over the scale number but the way my clothes fit. And to date, have dropped 1 pants sizes. So a friend request is sent. You can do this!!
  • Kathrynha77
    Options
    I try to avoid the evening snacking by clicking the complete button as soon as my evening meal is done, and psychologically drawing a line under that days food.

Then if I do eat I need to complete the days food again and everyone of my friends on here will know I've eaten more, especially if it goes from under my daily limit to over.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Hello! Mom of 3 that needs to lose 55 pounds. Pre diabetic and want to reverse my diagnosis. Add me. I have lost 25 pounds and I know what works but then my mom died and I ate my weight back again. Now in here trying to keep myself motivated and work hard at it. Everyone's plan is different. I know what works and does not work for me. I really hope you find the support and plan that works for you here.

Marta.
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 kiddos here.... Very similar story as you only my hubby works at a nuke plant. Not deployed but LONG HOURS and I'll be good all day until kiddos go to bed....

Looking for friends who are on here daily & we can MOTIVATE & SUPPORT each other!

Blessed, sending you a friend request and anyone else-feel free to add me as a friend!

TOGETHER-WE CAN DO THIS!!!!