What are you planning for Easter dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It is going to be a "cheat" meal day for me so I am being good all week and working extra hard to earn it.

Honey baked ham & turkey breast, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, rolls, veggie tray, pineapple upside down cake from scratch and a sugar free banana cream pie poke cake.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Nothing special.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Im cooking for 35ppl and plan on making

Main:
    Turkey (and a tofurkey for the 2 veggies)
    Ham
    Pork tamales
    Mashed potatoes
    Pasta salad
    Green beans
    Potato salad
    Broccoli & cheese
    Green salad

Aps:
    Deviled eggs
    Salsa
    Mango salsa
    Guac
    Veggies/dip

Desserts:
    Fruit tray
    Cheese cake
    Cherry pie
    Brownies
    Homemade chocolate candy

Plus whatever the rest of the family brings.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ham and other Thanksgiving type stuffs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew. We're going to my brother in law.
  • N4T4L1E130
    N4T4L1E130 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @Sugarbeat, thanks so much for the low carb ideas! I've been dreading that trip to the in-laws where typically stuff my face with unhealthy foods every year. This year I'll jazz up some zoodles and bake a cheesy (lite/low fat) cauliflower dish! Everyone in my family could use some healthier options, so I'm happy to provide that while also giving myself a way to enjoy the meal without as much guilt. Have a happy Easter, everyone!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Pierogies - 120 of them made by hand for Orthodox Easter. It's going to be a long day.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    We're having ham, deviled eggs, a garden salad, cherry pie and a carrot cake. We kind of keep it simple. We're having carrot cake because they all wanted cherry pie but since I'm the cook I'm making the dessert I want. ;)
  • tiffany82manross
    tiffany82manross Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    we may go to my grandma's or go out.

Either way it's:

Ham
    Mashed Potatoes
    Sweet Potatoes
    Green Bean Cassarole
    Corn
    Beans

Lemon Pie
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    N4T4L1E130 wrote: »
    @Sugarbeat, thanks so much for the low carb ideas! I've been dreading that trip to the in-laws where typically stuff my face with unhealthy foods every year. This year I'll jazz up some zoodles and bake a cheesy (lite/low fat) cauliflower dish! Everyone in my family could use some healthier options, so I'm happy to provide that while also giving myself a way to enjoy the meal without as much guilt. Have a happy Easter, everyone!

You're welcome. I have a couple people coming that need to eat low carb for health reasons but probably won't. I'm hoping if I have some interesting and colorful options they'll at least eat a little low carb. Probably right before they eat the fudge they bring with them, but whatever floats their boat in the end.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    We are going to the in-laws for dinner. They have the same foods for every holiday meal. It's always an old school Thanksgiving type meal. Occasionally there will be ham too. They never mix it up.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    No Easter Dinner, but having a brunch.
    ..Ham
    ..Lamb with Garlic Sauce
    ..Egg Casserole with Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Scallions and Cilantro
    ..Patio Potatoes
    ..Rolls
    ..Fresh Fruit
    ..Mimosas for the Gals, Bourbon for me.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    going to a friends home for dinner.

I am a vegetarian, so I wont be partaking in the Ham, but I will be having deviled eggs, cheesy potatoes, and easter candy.
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Prime rib, asparagus, carrots, mashed potatoes, spinach salad, rolls, and apple pie.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i am baking a big ham and having potatoes and some veggies with a salad. my daughter wants a cake, so we will be baking, too. i am not logging calories on sunday. :smile:
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a cut and not experiencing the weight loss I expected, so I won't be splurging for Easter this year. If I wasn't doing a strict cut or if it was a holiday that we typically go all out for (like Thanksgiving or Christmas), I'd eat whatever I wanted without logging, but Easter isn't a big thing for my husband and my families, so it's not a problem to go light.

I've already prelogged my day. Protein pancakes for breakfast, Easter lunch (5 oz ham, 3 whole deviled eggs, a dinner roll, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, and 1 cup broccoli), chili with a few Ritz crackers for dinner, and a protein shake. I also managed to work in one Reese egg, which I'm pretty excited about. The only two things I won't be eating that I'll want to eat is potato salad and banana pudding, but I'm not willing to take out any of my other food for the day to make room for those.

Tentative Totals: 1691 calories (164c/55f/145p) << Pretty nice macros right there.