Weighing Scales - Here's your chance to 'weigh in' on the matter.

Options
bengal512
bengal512 Posts: 179 Member
I have a digital scale at home I don't even know what brand. Not sure how accurate it is. What if it's busted and I've been recording the wrong weight each time?

What are your thoughts on the best weight scales out there.

I am thinking of the FitBit Aria as it's wifi enabled and will sync with my Fitbit and iphone and automatically log for me + give me more data such as BMI/fat %ages. Anyone have this?

I know I can easily just google "the best weigh scales" but I want to talk to real people who have these at home and know what's good.

And begin!

Replies

• swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Aria which I only got to automatically log my weight. I used to have some cheap digital scale that I got from Target that I've used for nearly 10 years. I used to manually log in my weight on fitday but I love the Aria because I don't have to do that any more. As far as accuracy, I don't obsess with 100% accuracy as long as I'm seeing the numbers go down, I'm ok with it. Every once in a while, I will compare that weight with the scale at the doctor's office or the gym or wherever. I figure that if there's a little discrepancy to account for clothes and different times of the day, then it's no big deal.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    It doesn't *really* matter how accurate your scale is, as long as it's consistent.

You can always test your scale by weighing things you know to be a certain weight (like dumbbell weights).

I don't know that there is a "best" scale.
  • bengal512
    Options
    It doesn't *really* matter how accurate your scale is, as long as it's consistent.

Wow so simple. Why didn't I think of that. DOh!!!

So like a 20 lbs dumbbell for starters.
  • jodyblair2000
    Options
    It sounds so old fashioned.....but I really prefer to have the option to adjust the scale if is off. Sometimes technology is a pain. Simplicity is bliss.
  • bengal512
    Options
    Well before weigh scales I used my size 32 pants as my guide.