Need a new easy breakfast, help!

Options
Hi everyone!

I am never hungry when I get up in the morning and don't really have time to eat before I head to the office. I usually eat around 9:30/10am because I am never filled up by my breakfast and want to make it to lunch without snacking. I will normally have some oatmeal but lately it hasn't made me full at all.
I am looking for a new super easy breakfast that is grab-and-go. I'm looking for shakes, protein bars, etc, something that really requires no work. But it needs to keep my full until lunch, preferably 3-4 hours. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for me?

Thanks!!

Replies

• healthyfitme12
    healthyfitme12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here's some:

-Apple Sandwiches with Almond Butter and Granola (takes 5mins.)
    INGREDIENTS
    1 apple, cored and sliced into rings
    Almond butter
    Granola

-Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake
    ingredients:

1 frozen banana (no substitute)
    1/2 cup light vanilla or chocolate almond milk
    1 tablespoon cocoa powder
    2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
    2 tablespoons peanut butter
    1 teaspoon agave or honey

One 12-ounce shake is approximately 325 calories.

-Yogurt on a Stick

Open a six-ounce container of fruit yogurt; drain excess liquid, and stir. Add a couple of teaspoons of berries and granola on top, pressing into yogurt a bit. Cut a slit in the lid, just large enough to insert a large craft stick. Put lid back on; insert stick halfway into yogurt. Freeze at least 5 hours

Check out these websites:
    -http://greatist.com/health/healthy-fast-breakfast-recipes
    -http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/healthy-meals/breakfast-to-go
    -https://www.pinterest.com/produceforkids/grab-go-breakfast-ideas/
  • healthyfitme12
    healthyfitme12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    and I forgot Hard boiled Eggs! They are my holy grail
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I haven't been eating these for breakfast but Nature Valley has some chewy protein granola bars that come in at 190 calories. They are tasty. Try that anda yogurt? I have been drinking stoneyfield's yogurt smoothie things.
  • stoigo
    stoigo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins are my go to. Make them in the beginning of the week and you have a grab and go breakfast all week long! They also freeze well.

this is my fav recipe so far. I dont follow paleo anymore, so I add some cheese :)
    http://healthycrush.com/paleo-egg-muffins/

Or smoothies. I make a few at night and I have them for 2 or 3 mornings. I use almond milk, spinach or kale, strawberries, banana and a protein powder. My boyfriend usually ends up stealing them because they are so delicious, and filling!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats are a favorite around our house.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    lowfat cottage cheese and fruit - hardest part is washing and chopping fruit
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    NFR106401S.jpg

Fage greek yogurt all the way, yo. My favorite is obviously peach as above, but it is 140 calories, 12 g protein.

Grab one of these and a banana, and you're set. Keeps me full and requires 0 effort on my part.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    String cheese or Baby Bels. Ready wrapped and quick.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Teacup eggs!!!!
    One egg per teacup or two per coffee mug
    Splash of water
    Stick it in the microwave for 40 - 60 seconds.
    Pure perfection mmmmmmm
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are pretty awesome for grab and go. If you have time to microwave something, I like to make a breakfast casserole on the weekend and portion it out for a few days. Think eggs, veggies, and some ground sausage.
  • katiepolite
    katiepolite Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, these are some awesome ideas! That yogurt on a stick sounds really interesting, I'm definitely going to try making that! I like the idea of yogurt and a banana, and peach is my favorite as well!
    I'll try some of these out and hopefully I'll find some I can definitely do and stick to!
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Check out Garden Lites muffins. They have yummy flavors like chocolate, chocolate chip, blueberry - but they are mainly made from veggies like zucchini. They are frozen and at my store they are by the veggie burgers.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Around 8 a.m. at my desk almost every day I eat a banana and a hard boiled egg. Around 10:30 a.m. I eat about 10-12 baby carrots. Lunch is at 1 p.m.