Total Gym

Options
Has anyone ever used the Total Gym? Does it work well for toning or would something else work better?

Replies

• ForStMicheal
    ForStMicheal Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    its not a bad little product. for the most part resistance is resistance. you'll get 'who know's how much' increased benefit from using free weights... but the most effect piece of exercise equipment it the one you use. its a pretty small foot print for all the things you can do. also check out suspension trainers for a similar idea that might be even more versatile, cheaper and take up less space.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I used one at my physical therapist office. As mentioned above, not bad but I'd spend the money on a suspension trainer
  • cottonbug
    Options
    I have a total gym. It's my backup for when I don't feel like going to gym. I also use it at night if I feel like working out before bed.....
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    its not a bad little product. for the most part resistance is resistance. you'll get 'who know's how much' increased benefit from using free weights... but the most effect piece of exercise equipment it the one you use. its a pretty small foot print for all the things you can do. also check out suspension trainers for a similar idea that might be even more versatile, cheaper and take up less space.

The TRX Suspension System seems practical if space is limited and you can bring it anywhere with you. I checked out the video and like the portability and flexibility of suspension systems. :smile:

https://www.trxtraining.com/products/trx-home