Whey protein??????

Options
whens the best time to have a whey protein shake?

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Before your workout! :D
  • miaelise2222
    Options
    Not after??
  • canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Both
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    whens the best time to have a whey protein shake?

Best for what?

What is your context?

What are your goals?

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Before your workout! :D

Yeah, if you want to see it again in short order!

*HORK*

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want to drink a protein shake? :(
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Whenever you aren't hitting your protein goals through food, drink a shake. Timing is irrelevant.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Whenever you aren't hitting your protein goals through food, drink a shake. Timing is irrelevant.

^ Unless you don't like to work out on a full stomach. Don't go drinking a giant protein shake and then barf it back up on the treadmill.

Other than that, do your thing.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »

^ Unless you don't like to work out on a full stomach. Don't go drinking a giant protein shake and then barf it back up on the treadmill.

Other than that, do your thing.

So true. I cannot eat within an hour of working out or i WILL vomit. And whey already makes me gag just thinking about it (after drinking it every single day for a few years).

I cant even imagine whey on it's way back up. BLECH
  • chad23jl
    chad23jl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    depends on your goals and what exact type of protein that you are consuming. They different types break down and are utilized at different speeds. After long runs I use an isolate protein. It breaks down and absorbs quickly to help my body from breaking down muscle. Other times just regular whey protein is good. It breaks down and is utilized with a couple to few hours. You can go with a casein at night that breaks down a lot slower and will give your body protein nutrition throughout that long phase of sleep to help. It really all depends on you.