I Keep Loosing And Gaining Back The Same Two Pounds?

Options
I weigh myself every day.
Before you tell me "that's a bad idea, stop it," I have very good reasons to be weighing myself daily.
However, I am not posting this to talk about that.
Every day I graph my weight and I have noticed an unfortunate trend. Over the past 5 days, I have been loosing and gaining the same two pounds, and now I'm gaining back the weight I've lost.
What I've been eating and how I've been exercising are posted to my journals here. Feel free to look.
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. First, it was a sodium problem, now it's not. Then it was not sleeping enough, now it's not. Then, it was not exercising enough, and I don't know how to fix that.
I would like some non-jugemental advice.
Here's the graph I've been keeping: http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Trena_2/IMG_0001.png (copy and paste into a new window to see.)

Edit: I am weighing myself at the same time every day, wearing the same thing every time I weigh. The scale is in the same place, on tile.

Edit: the one reason why I'm worried is because I'm gaining back the weight I've been loosing.

Replies

• ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What time of day are you weighing yourself? Different times or the same?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day too. My weight can fluctuate up to 6 lbs during the day and sometimes across days. Women have that problem sometimes.

Do you weigh at the same time every day? Certain times during my cycle I gain or lose weight as well. It varies wildly.
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    I have been going through the same thing for the last few weeks. Then someone posted a topic about plateaus. If you have itunes download the Jillian Michaels' podcast. There's one called "debunking plateaus" or something like that. It has a lot of good info. It helped me shed the extra few pounds in a few days! Hope this helps!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    bump
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This is me, too. So frustrating, even tho I am under cals about 75% of the time. Check into zig zagging discussions.

Good luck!
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I fought that battle for awhile too. I've started zig-zagging and it's made a big difference! :) Btw...I weigh every day too. ;)
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Those fluctuations are probably just water weight.
  • babs23
    babs23 Posts: 86
    Options
    The same exact thing happens to me. This morning, I was down 3, but tomorrow I can guarantee I'll be up 2. However, I've been here for a month now and I am losing.

I've been listening to Jillian Michaels' podcasts, and she said that this type of weight fluctuation is normal due to water retention. She recommends keep tracking for a whole month, trying your absolute BEST to hit your calorie goal each day. If you still aren't losing, you may have a hormonal imbalance and need to see an endocrinologist. If that's the problem, an endocrinologist can help balance you out for optimal weight loss.

Best of luck to you! :)
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    Same here, I keep going 1.5 up then 1.5 down, it's totally frustrating and I HATE IT!! Makes me wanna throw the scale out the freakin' window! I'm trying to stay to weighing myself once a week, but I can't help myself! I weighed today, and I was up. I'm not weighing again till Thursday! Totally feel your pain though. It sucks!!
  • Blakemore1229
    Options
    having the same issue as well the closer i get to my goal i have been going up and down the same two pounds its driving me crazy over the last few days i have taken a break, counting all calories but not worrying as much and lighter excersise will pick back up on everything in a few more days and see what happens weighted this morning and my weight hasnt changed so i think zig zagging may work
  • lady95
    lady95 Posts: 46
    Options

No, it's definately not water weight.
  • babs23
    Options

Just curious, but how do you definitely know it's not water weight?
  • lady95
    Options

Water weight wouldn't fit with the results I've graphed. I left the link to the graph in the first post.
  • babs23
    Options

Water weight wouldn't fit with the results I've graphed. I left the link to the graph in the first post.

I looked at your graph. I see daily fluctuation (which is normal... water weight, or otherwise), but I also see overall weight loss (which is awesome!).

I really don't think you're doing anything wrong, Lady. Daily fluctuation is just a fact of life. *shrugs* It sucks, I know, but 4 pounds in 2.5 weeks is great! :heart:
  • lady95
    Options
    I don't understand why my body didn't keep going with that downward trend. It's too soon for me to plateau
  • babs23
    Options
    Definitely listen to Jillian Michaels' podcast about Debunking the Plateau. Today. It helped me understand this topic in a whole new way.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jillian-michaels-show/id418368811
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was doing the same thing and everyone told me to really watch the sodium and that it was water weight. I totally didn't believe them either. So I started tracking and watching sodium intake and guess what I finally lost the weight I was stuck at. Double your water, try green tea for water retention, and watch sodium. Weight fluctuation is normal within a week that is why you should only track weekly weight even if you weigh yourself daily. As long as the weekly trend is headed down. Don't get discouraged it's not a sprint but a marathon
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    What is zig zagging?
  • lady95
    Options
    What is zig zagging?

It's a diet, I've heard, where you take two days out of the week (seperated two days apart, mind you, like Wensday and Saturday) and eat 200-300 more calories than normal, which stops your body from going into "starvation mode" and tricks it into loosing the calories that it would normally hold on to during a diet. It's also supposed to be good for helping deal with cravings during a diet, give you room to wiggle and loose weight less painfully.
  • lady95
    Options
    Thanks for the support! This website is awesome!

I'll watch the sodium intake, drink green tea, not worry so much about the gain, keep exercising, and try a little zig-zag (it's too interesting to not try!)

Thanks guys! You're support is invaluable.