Looking for good vegetarian recipes or sites

Options
Beachbean77
Beachbean77 Posts: 83 Member
I have started a 28-day vegetarian boot camp.. today is day 1. I have been searching for great recipes to try that won't break the bank and will help keep me on track for both weight loss and lifestyle change. So I ask all of you to share either a great tried and true recipe or even a website you use often for recipes and ideas. Thank you so much!!

Replies

• FiannaWarrior
    Options
    If you want to try...go to ...

www.sadtoraw.com

www.runningraw.com

Both a great places to start...My friend Tim runs the Running Raw site...See if this helps...

Dee
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    www.allrecipes.com

www.veganchef.com

www.vegweb.com
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I get all of my recipes from vegweb.com There's a ton of really great ones on there!
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegan but i love VEGWEB.COM!!!!
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 20 years and vegweb.com is great. I also really like Whole Foods recipes site. http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/ It's not specifically vegetarian, but you can search for vegetarian and vegan recipes there. I'd say they tend to be a little healthier than some on vegweb.
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Another MFP member suggested Green Smoothies to me and I've had them for the last three mornings. Can't say enough good about them because they are quick, easy, and they allow you to be creative!! Google it and you'll find recipes plus it's fun to create your own!!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi

Just wanted to say good luck. I am a vegetarian 8 years now and love it.
    Love vegweb.com

x
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    6 1/2 years vegan, and goveg.com is my favorite. chooseveg.com is also another one.
  • jonilacroix
    Options
    Fun! Are you doing the boot camp through Vegetarian Times? I read about that but am already doing a detox program through my gym.

My best recommendation for vegetarian recipes is to look to regular recipes for inspiration. For instance, I make a great tofu cacciatore (sauteed peppers and onions in a tomato sauce with tofu). I just take a recipe that I'm familiar with and swap tofu or tempeh for the meat - or just leave it out entirely!

That said, I subscribe to a TON of recipe e-newsletters to get ideas: Food Network, Rachael Ray, Real Simple, and Hungry Girl are a few of my favorites.

Good luck! Please feel free to send me a message if you need any more specific ideas.
  • adougherty10
    Options
    I'm currently addicted to garbanzo beans. They are good to use to replace mean in recipes. (example: mash them up & you them to replace tuna in any tuna recipe). I like to mash them up & add different spices depending what I'm in the mood for & then throw it into a whole wheat wrap.

I've been veg for 12+ years and on a budget for all those years - so I know all about looking for vegetarian, healthy, and CHEAP recipes! :)
  • Brihammond
    Brihammond Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm am newly interested in veganism so I like to lurk

thekindlife.com - Alicia Silverstone's website

vegweb.com

and also just like to try recipes from books I already have and just substitute or get rid of the meat components.
  • LadyKP
    LadyKP Posts: 31
    Options
    I follow a Vegan Roller Derby girl's blog. She posts recipes and other interesting things on there. Her site is : http://veganderbygirl.blogspot.com/