Walking with Leslie Sansone.....

Options
just started walking with Leslie Sansone and absolutely love her videos. If you can recommend some of her favorites, I would love to get feedback. I don't have a Fitbit but does anyone know about how many calories are burnt doing her 2 mile burn? I know much depends on how hard you work as well as height/weight but I was hoping to get an average. Thanks in advance.

Krista

Replies

• happymum37
    happymum37 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I used to do her dvds and read that she said on average it was 100 calories per mile
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Low impact aerobics (in MFP) is a pretty good estimate.....I just use the number of minutes. It compares to my heart rate monitor.

Here's a link to one of the Leslie groups....they start a new walk challenge every month: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/335-leslie-sansone-walk-at-home

I have several Leslie DVDs - here are a couple websites to get video clips & reviews

http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/leslie-sansone

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/141.htm?searching=Y&sort=3&cat=141&show=10&page=1
  • TeaBea
    Options
    My Leslie favorites:

I prefer Leslie with a group of walkers. I generally do 2 or 3 miles. 4 and 5 mile DVDs are a bargain because you can pick out favorite miles. Walk Away the Pounds DVDs are older and not chaptered (the music is generally quiet).

Just Walk: 4 Mile Power Walk is great because there are 2 miles with higher impact moves and 2 miles with lower impact. You can choose your workout.

Walk at Home: Walk Weight Loss Bootcamp is good because it has lots of variety. Walking, jogging, light strength training. It's hard to find though

3 Mile Weight Loss Walk is great. This uses light hand weights. Mary Kay leads mile 2 (challenging).

Many of Leslie's newer DVDs will have a music only option. This is a great way to "stretch" the use of the DVD. It won't get old quite as fast.

My favorite Leslie Solo DVD is 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Pilates Walk (dumb name). It has a music only option and there is quite a bit of variety. There is a core strength section at the end.

A good go to if you need to add strength training is Walk it Off in 30 Days. It has a 2 mile walk and a 30 minute strength training section. Both have the music only option.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You can view partial clips of her dvds on youtube. I used to do them all the time before work at 5am in my pjs. They don't get my heart rate up enough anymore to make it worth it now. My fit bit one doesn't count the steps either correctly, like her 15 min one mile doesn't register one mile on my fit bit and I have done it many many times. They are good when just starting out for low impact exercise and great to do inside on level ground in your pjs!
    I have a couple of her dvds still. When I wasn't a member of a the gym last fall I did them just to have something to do as part of workout since no gym membership.
    Good luck!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I would go with 5 cals/minute for walking, maybe an extra cal/minute for the 'boosted' stuff.
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    All of her videos are available (in full) on Youtube, in fact she has her own channel. I couldn't make it to the gym this morning so I did one of her videos. Love Leslie :)
  • TeaBea
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Marcia661 wrote: »
    All of her OLD Gaiam videos are available (in full) on Youtube, in fact she has her own channel. I couldn't make it to the gym this morning so I did one of her videos. Love Leslie :)

Re: the "Leslie Sansone" YouTube channel. I've never seen this....I'll have to look. Perhaps you are thinking of the JessicaSmithTV ....she does have her own YouTube channel with lots of free videos (including many walks)

There is a WalkAtHome.com website with Leslie Sansone (with a free video here and there) but I've never seen a "channel."

Leslie Sansone spends quite a bit of money producing DVDs (over 100 videos). She doesn't upload all of them for free. What you are seeing on YouTube are (mostly) videos that have been uploaded illegally. Newer illegal videos get taken down fairly quickly.

Many Walk Away the Pounds (older from VHS era) are owned by Gaiam. Perhaps Gaiam does have a free channel (I know they have a subscription video channel too). Perhaps some free videos are legal, but many are not.
  • towngirl772
    towngirl772 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great info! I am really enjoying her exercise DVDs and look forward to trying some new ones! I have found several free ones on YouTube but plan to start a collection. Thanks for all the info!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Walk away the pounds. Lover her videos!
  • towngirl772
    towngirl772 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted, she's such a great motivational speaker too!!
  • teatime256
    teatime256 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Gotta love leslie! Check out youtube for some of her full walk videos you can do for free! My favorite is her 3 mile sleek and slim walk (it's a pilates based walk).