Traders Joe's is coming!! Why should I love it???! :) :)

Options
1235»

Replies

• pretentiouskate
    Options
    We have one in Maine, so I wouldn't buy the "west coast" thing - you don't get any more NOT West Coast than Portland ME!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I am in the Chicago area and definitely not west coast either. They are big on wines so the wines may be a factor for sure. I personally do not do the wines but have many friends who love their wines and say they are really reasonable and cheap. Just keep trying. They are definitely expanding their horizons.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Where are you located that you are getting a Trader Joe's? I, like you, have written and begged them to come to Denver. They told me the same...we are a west coast store. I was visiting in Wilmington, Delaware and they have a store!!! I can't believe that TJ's would avoid such a big market as Denver, CO. I'm thinking it is because wine is not sold in grocery stores here. There are a few grocery stores that are really pushing for wine sales, so maybe it will happen.

Smack dab in The Midwest

I did read that some TJ' stores near PA don't sell liquor don't know all the details (it's a law in the area) but someone was sharing it in a blog in the area near PA they lived in. I think when they say they are West Coast, I'm coming to learn they mean West Coast based, as in where they first started out with their stores. They are now adding them to the Midwest but are very picky where they put them (smart marketing is what I mean by that), depending on the size of the area if there's a WF's they don't drop one there, another area they might. I'm quite sure they got their marketing figured out but in Denver area don't you all have many many quality Coop/Healthy Food stores? Otherwise I can't imagine why they aren't there yet.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    They have a garlic eggplant spead that is yummmmmmmmmmmy!
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing I like at Trader Joe's is the Cabot's 75% fat free cheddar cheese. I make a LOT of omlettes for breakfasts and the much lower calorie cheese taste good and melts well.
  • Becca_007
    Options
    Bumpin to read over again since I now have one and every time I go in I discover something new and different. So many awesome things to try. :love: :heart: :love:

I've fallen in love with Fontina Cheese! OMG, never tried it and it's my most favorite now. I realize I've lived a cheesy naive life up this point. Seems there is more to life than Cheddar Cheese found in regular grocery stores.:blushing: :noway: :tongue:

Things I've tried and loved and some I have made a point NOT to buy again because I loved them a bit too much! :smooched:

***Fontina Cheese
    ***98% Fat Free Canadian Bacon
    ***Pretzel Thins
    ***Pop Chips
    ***Garlic & Herb Gluten Free Corn Crackers
    ***Pink Lemonade made with Stevia
    ***Chicken Mango Sausage
    ***Dried Mango Slices (the no sugar added ones) DIVINE!
    *** Red Peppers at a unbelievable price
    ***Trader Joe's Whole Grain Fiber Bread (delicious and 6 grams of fiber a piece and very decent price)
    ***Sugar Snap Peas
    ***Dark Chocolate Bars $1.99 for 3 bars (up at the checkouts)
    ***Mini Semi Sweet Bars in a pkg. for $.99
    ***Low Sodium Tomato Soup (OMG, this is awesome! Super low on Sodium!)

oh there's loads more I've tried and doesn't come to mind at the moment but many of these I've bought again. I always portion the chip/treats out when I get home so I can just grab a snack size glad bag when needed.

Have fun shopping and love to hear what you all discover since this experience is still very very new to me! :wink: :flowerforyou:

ETA: oh yes, love my bagged Raw Almonds!! Best I've ever tasted and only $4.99 a lb. cheapest and freshest in town. mmm mmm Also tried Clementine's for the first time ever since they sell them in smaller bags and not just the crates, I took a chance. They are delish with Raw Almonds (but then again anything is with Raw Almonds.:laugh: in my opinion!)
  • ToniZ60
    ToniZ60 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OMG you have to try their Gone bananas (chocolate dipped frozen banana slices) They are delecious and only 120 calories
    for six.
  • kbean33
    kbean33 Posts: 50
    Options
    bump
  • Becca_007
    Options
    Someone was asking about this just the other day:

Traders Joe's
    Coming Soon:love:

Chicago (South Loop), IL
    Kansas City, MO
    Leawood, KS
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Salem, OR
    Spokane, WA
    Staten Island, NY
  • Becca_007
    Options
    OMG you have to try their Gone bananas (chocolate dipped frozen banana slices) They are delecious and only 120 calories
    for six.
    Yum-O sounds like a fun treat!

Made some TJ's chicken tenderloins last night, no hormones/no antibiotics. WOW, best chicken EVER!
    Sprinkled a bit of TJ's Lemon Pepper (with Grinder, love these!) on and baked them.:heart:

Also tried the Mini Pearl Grape tomatoes from TJ's in my salad where I also added my chicken, never have tried that type before, they were tasty and unique!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Does anyone drink Trader Joes Organic Fat Free milk? I tried it today and it was good. My question is normal fat free milk last 8 to 10 days pass the expiration date. Does Organic Fat Free milk last just as long pass the expiration date?