Finally Focused in Florida!

Options
I finally started actually using my gym membership after a year of paying and not going. Was finally motivated last November after that realization and the process required to end my membership (30 days notice of paid membership; meaning either purposefully pay another month not to use or use a month and get used to it only for it to end =/).

Anyway, the irony is that now that I'm focused everyone around me has slacked off so I need to be able to reflect (and brag lol) with people consistently working out.

Weight Loss Background/Goal: I've lost 60lbs since 2007 which was weight put on in graduate school (walked across the stage in Oct :smile: ). The first 45 came off with reductions in sugar/portions/calories and 15 came since November (0-5 times per week depending on holidays/days off work lol). Looking forward to July when I am officially healthier at 35 than I was at 25 with a [flexible] goal to turn the clock back an additional 10yrs.

Looking forward to chatting with like-minded people!!!

Replies

• lovingmommasince2010
    Options
    Hello! Welcome! I'm also in Florida!
  • PsyDSnow
    PsyDSnow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for the welcome. Florida is growing on me!
  • anoNY42
    anoNY42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I moved to FL two years ago and it's still growing on me too.

Congratulations on grad school though!
  • PsyDSnow
    Options
    Lol. Thanks!
  • tropicgran
    tropicgran Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    B) I <3 Florida! Been here 16 years. I finally got focused and determined last month. Congratulations on finishing grad school and your weight loss.
  • PsyDSnow
    Options
    Wow! This is only my 2nd year here. Thanks!