Not sure if the "discussion" part is very active...

Options
hi. I'm Brooke. Starting this diet.... Well I guess I started a about a week or so ago. Just walking so far. I had a baby in the beginning of September. I gained probably 30lbs (give or take) AFTER I had my son. I'm so wanting to get back to my prepregnancy size :( the weight I'm at now is so disappointing to me because I haven't been this heavy in about 5-6 years. I'm at a size 16-17 and my pre pregnancy sizes were 13-15. And 15's were almost big on me. So yea... I'm having problems losing weight. Even just a couple pounds. And a couple pounds is all I need to motivate me to keep going. SWEETS are my soft "weak" spot. Anyone else going through similar diet issues?

Replies

• wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The receptionist at work keeps a candy dish on the counter, but I try to keep it to one or two pieces a day and make sure it fits in my calories. Don't deprive yourself, just keep it small portions
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs since January. I'm about 10lbs from my goal weight. All I have done is eat at a calorie deficit & exercise. As I saw myself losing weight I got anxious & kept slowly amping up the amount of exercise I do. I used to only hit the treadmill about 2 days a week. Now I get on the treadmill about 3-4 days a week, strength train 2 days a week, & I'm going Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Sweets are my weakness too. Bad! If I'm really craving something sweet I'll try & have an apple with peanut butter or something like that. Good luck!!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Try to slowly limiting your sweets and simple carbs. You will notice the less you eat of both the less you will start to crave them. I know its hard at first, but it feels good not to crave them all the time. I have a virtual walking group you are welcomed to join. Its just a bunch of us adding our miles together once a week and virtually walking across the US, Its a fun way to stay motivated to get in some exercise. You can do this!
  • Brookey715
    Options

Thanks ladies. I did stop drinking soda over 2 weeks ago and am doing great with it. So I'm proud of myself for that, but haven't noticed any changes in weight either... =\ I'm also doing good on walking everyday. So we'll see if any pounds start to shred... Again... THX ;)
  • Brookey715
    Options
    sp2xy4zxknu9.jpg
    My daughter and I. Really trying to slim down.
  • tropicgran
    tropicgran Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I too had a sweet tooth and I know if I let myself, I could eat cakes, cookies, juices and pies all day. Sometimes I find that if I read the portion and calorie info, that's enough to stop me from eating it. I have been able to cut down, but rather than buy diet pastries, I make a regular boxed cake and cut it into 16-20 pieces, and freeze them. Each one is about 150 or so calories. I'll also have some sliced fresh fruit on top of it. No icing, and only if it fits into my daily allotment. I eat the individual cups of No Sugar Added Mott's Healthy Harvest Flavored Apple Sauces. If I want a cookie or piece of candy, I'll eat a small piece, not 5, not the whole bar. The bar goes in the freezer. I eat fresh fruit, which helps with the sugar cravings, but it still contains sugar so I can't eat too much, but it's better than the high fructose sugars. If I have any type of fruit juice, it's only 4 ounces, but I'm not drinking much of those these days.