It's My Time To Shine, No Giving Up!

Options
Hey , my name is shirley ........ :) I remember being a young girl growing up in Vegas ,I was really young around 5 .... I remember being really happy never had a frown on my face my parents did the best they could to make ends meet... As I got into my teen years (18 now) I remember being very depressed and I turned to food for comfort, food was like a drug for me I noticed I started gaining alot of weight but never paid any attention to it ... Once I reached the 8th grade that was when all the problems started.. I started getting called names, made fun of, so that even made me more depressed , I am now a senior in high-school and I'm ready to take control of my life and become healthy ive let myself get to comfortable and I'm ready to put a stop to it I'm ready to prove all my doubters wrong I CAN AND I WILL

Replies

• racingislife97
    racingislife97 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Decide to do it for yourself, not for the others. If you're just proving it to the others, when you realize that their opinions don't matter, it will likely be the end of you doing it.

Commitment is continuing to do today and tomorrow, the things you said you were going to do, long after the feeling you had when you said it has worn off.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    You go girl! But do this for yourself and not to prove your doubters wrong. Don't give them that much importance in your life. You are amazing, all on your own. <3
  • anniehussle
    anniehussle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much.! And your right I dont need to prove the doubters wrong... I gotta do this for me thank you.!!!!! <3<3<3