Protein Powder

dcofey
dcofey Posts: 6 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions on a good protein powder than won't make my shakes taste crappy? I've tried a couple and they all have sucked. So instead of just randomly grabbing off the shelf and basing it off price, I figured I would ask around. Thanks bunches!!!!

Replies

• Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Everyone will have an opinion as to what they like based on their own taste. For me I drink Optimum Nutrition French Vanilla Whey protein and I add a little unsweetened cocoa powder to give it a chocolate taste. But I tried several brands and flavors before I found one I liked.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    I got some MusclePharm Combat powder from Costco, cookies and cream flavor, was pretty tasty. I normally buy SmartPowders due to price, the taste is so-so.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    From what I've read, most people seem to think that Optimum Nutrition protein powder tastes the best. I agree with this sentiment.
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    ON Gold Standard whey 100 is the typical benchmark for a good quality protein powder. There are tons of good brands out there but that is a fantastic starting spot.
  • tannibal_lecter
    tannibal_lecter Posts: 83 Member
    I'm in the same boat. All the ones I try are just gross. I usually just plug my nose and chug it as quick as possible.
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Another vote for Optimum Nutrition. Very tasty. I have tried double chocolate, extreme chocolate milk, and also the vanilla ice cream. All of them are fabulous. I put in blender with either coconut milk, almond milk, and even cow's milk. My husband does the vanilla ice cream with frozen strawberries and milk. He swears it's a strawberry shake, it's THAT good.
  • BriannaNP113
    BriannaNP113 Posts: 6 Member
    You def get what you pay for! 80% absorbable a protein is what I pay for.
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Cellucor is good . I've had strawberry (really good) vanilla is pretty basic as any other and the chocolate. Biox power whey is similar tasting op gold standard whey. I've also tried promasil, but it costs far to much now. I've just recently bought a tub of mts machine whey in the chocolate. I mix with water so the taste is ok. Much better mixed in milk though.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    From what I've read, most people seem to think that Optimum Nutrition protein powder tastes the best. I agree with this sentiment.

I wasn't a huge fan of OP. I prefer Dymatize, Muscle Milk, Pure Protein, and many others. I have also found that powders are much better with milk than water.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    TRUTEIN!!! Tastes like heaven. Muscle Pharm Combat is a close second.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Muscle Pharm Combat or EAS Whey. I don't drink smoothies. I drink both straight mixed with milk or water or put it in my muffins