weigh loss

Options
2»

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    You don't have to buy special food. Just regular food. And measure out smaller portions for you if necessary.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    lindsey852 wrote: »
    Zedeff wrote: »
    @lindsey852 can you better phrase your question? You seem to be intentionally restricting your food intake (ie. dieting) but you're shocked that you're losing weight, which would be the obvious outcome of dieting. Clearly we are not understanding what you're asking.

I'm just wondering why some weigh yes I go to the Dr every two weeks since I've been dieting sometimes it's 7 lbs sometimes its 3 lbs and this last time I went to the Dr which was last wed ice

You... you're just wondering why "some weigh yes"? Please, PLEASE, re-phrase your question with some formatting so we know what you're asking.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    @lindsey852 can you better phrase your question? You seem to be intentionally restricting your food intake (ie. dieting) but you're shocked that you're losing weight, which would be the obvious outcome of dieting. Clearly we are not understanding what you're asking.

I'm just wondering why some weigh yes I go to the Dr every two weeks since I've been dieting sometimes it's 7 lbs sometimes its 3 lbs and this last time I went to the Dr which was last wed ice

You... you're just wondering why "some weigh yes"? Please, PLEASE, re-phrase your question with some formatting so we know what you're asking.

Agreed. You're very difficult to understand in print and it's hard to answer your question when it's not clear what you're asking.
  • lindsey852
    Options

Sorry I'm wondering why. I loose all these crafty pounds and why it's so much or so little every two weeks I go to the Dr when I do the same stuff everyday!!
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Sorry I'm wondering why. I loose all these crafty pounds and why it's so much or so little every two weeks I go to the Dr when I do the same stuff everyday!!

Oh, okay. You're wondering why your weight loss is not consistent every week despite a regular routine. Got it.

Scale weight is influenced by lots of different things, and only one of them is what we call body composition (the amount of fat mass and lean mass in your body). Other things that change your weight are you amount of hydration (are you dehydrated?), your hormones including your menstrual cycle (makes you retain water), your diet (salty foods make you retain water), any prolonged fasting (not eating for 12+ hours makes you shed water), and your bowels (2 or 3 days of constipation will add a few pounds of waste product to the scale weight).

You could lose the same amount of FAT every week but the scale may bounce up and down, even sometimes showing a weight gain. This is normal.

Tracking your weight over a span of weeks or months will give you an accurate reflection of the overall trend; comparing one scale weight to another is hard to interpret because all of those other things that aren't fat loss will change the number.

I hope this helps answer you question!
  • brookesdsu
    brookesdsu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to why you would spend the money to have a doctor weigh you every two weeks? Buy a scale and buy more food for your family. A typical office visit could easily buy a week or two worth of healthy and satisfying groceries for a family of 7. Maybe I am missing something here.
  • brookesdsu
    brookesdsu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh, and to answer your question. You don't lose the same amount each week because weight loss is not linear and a good percentage of weight lost at the beginning is water.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

First, weigh yourself at home. Doctor's visits are expensive just for a weigh in.

Second, you're losing all these "crafty pounds" BECAUSE YOU ARE STARVING YOURSELF. EAT FOOD.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    50 . I have lost 20 pounds in 70 days I eat between 6-800 calories a day.

6?!? Please tell me that was a typo.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

she means 600-800 calories.at least I hope she does anyway.
    OP its not hard to feed a family of that size on a budget. if you live where you can use coupons start using them. rice,beans,flour,pasta,potatoes.peanut butter,and eggs are foods that are cheap and go a long way. also buy whole chickens and either cut them up yourself or you can make chicken soup and that too will go a long way,you can even freeze it.looked for meats that are marked down(as long as they look good),shop the sales. you dont have to buy organic if you cant afford it. There is no need to eat as little as you do. you can make healthy meals for the whole family and not spend a fortune.If not you can always check out food pantries to get extra food if you cant afford it any other way.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    For some reason from last Wed I have lost 4 lbs and I'm not sure why maybe not eating enough but it's right. That's why I asked dr scale says same thing

You're starving yourself. Of course you're losing weight and eventually, you'll be losing your hair.
  • lindsey852
    Options
    @lindsey852 can you better phrase your question? You seem to be intentionally restricting your food intake (ie. dieting) but you're shocked that you're losing weight, which would be the obvious outcome of dieting. Clearly we are not understaquestionnding what you're asking.

CRAZY! Not crafty
    misskarne wrote: »

First, weigh yourself at home. Doctor's visits are expensive just for a weigh in.

Second, you're losing all these "crafty pounds" BECAUSE YOU ARE STARVING YOURSELF. EAT FOOD.

I fixed it and said crazy! And I don't need negative comments I eat the same everyday . And the weight loss every two weeks is never the same it was just a question and maybe sometimes I cant eat enough on my diet some days cause I'm freaking poor yes there are poor people out there you might not be one! Shouldn't have even asked it was just a dang question and btw it don't cost me to go weigh at the drs every two weeks im suppose to by myDr !
  • lindsey852
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

6 as in 600 come on!
  • Alatariel75
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Rather than cracking the sads, why don't you actually pay attention and realise that people aren't telling you to eat more because they're mean, but because they don't want you to damage yourself?

You didn't get to needing to lose weight by eating 600 calories a day, so don't pull the "I can't afford to eat more" crap. Eat higher calorie foods, or risk all the health issues with starving.
  • lindsey852
    Options

Oh, okay. You're wondering why your weight loss is not consistent every week despite a regular routine. Got it.

Scale weight is influenced by lots of different things, and only one of them is what we call body composition (the amount of fat mass and lean mass in your body). Other things that change your weight are you amount of hydration (are you dehydrated?), your hormones including your menstrual cycle (makes you retain water), your diet (salty foods make you retain water), any prolonged fasting (not eating for 12+ hours makes you shed water), and your bowels (2 or 3 days of constipation will add a few pounds of waste product to the scale weight).

You could lose the same amount of FAT every week but the scale may bounce up and down, even sometimes showing a weight gain. This is normal.

Tracking your weight over a span of weeks or months will give you an accurate reflection of the overall trend; comparing one scale weight to another is hard to interpret because all of those other things that aren't fat loss will change the number.

I hope this helps answer you question!

Yes that's all I was asking. At least someone can help thanks!
  • lindsey852
    Options
    Rather than cracking the sads, why don't you actually pay attention and realise that people aren't telling you to eat more because they're mean, but because they don't want you to damage yourself?

You didn't get to needing to lose weight by eating 600 calories a day, so don't pull the "I can't afford to eat more" crap. Eat higher calorie foods, or risk all the health issues with starving.

With high calorie foods can come with high carbs I don't want to eat a lot of carbs.
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

With high calorie foods can come with high carbs I don't want to eat a lot of carbs.

False. Nuts, avocado, higher fat meats can be low carb and higher calories
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Cheese, nuts, avocado... and seriously, carbs will be the least of your worries when your hair starts falling out and you can't run around after your kids anymore from lack of energy. You need to work on your priorities.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to reduce carbs? If you want to lose weight you can eat everything you ate when you were gaining, just a bit less of it.