Help, my stomach is always so bloated?!

Options
I am looking for the reason why my stomach is always so bloated. My upper abs are showing and my stomach is super flat but the lower part is kind of bloated and hard all the time. I do not have much fat there but it looks ridiciolous from the side and I cannot manage to "de-bloat" even though I try different foods and what not. I drink around 3-4 liters of water a day, no soda (I hate that stuff) and rarely coffee. I dont know whats going on with my stomach... any ideas?

Replies

• Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Two things cause MY tummy to bloat....being constipated and the other is carbs from bread/pasta.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Bloating is a load question (no pun intended).

I never had abdominal bloating but mine is more stomach distention (not really gas or pain). I too can eat "carby" food and blow up like a balloon. I can also consume gum or candy with sugar substitutes and blow up immediately after swallowing the "sugar".

Constipation causes some bloating but mine is bloating that makes me look 7 months pregnant (no pain) and sometimes a little/or a lot gas and sometimes none at all.

I only weight 115 pound and have some extra flab in my stomach so when my stomach distends it looks like I am having a baby at 46 and I feel terrible (I feel it everytime I bend over or how "full" I feel in clothes (terrible)).

You need to rule things out in order to see what is going on. I had to take about 1 month of monitoring what I put in my mouth and the times of consumption and when the side effects started, etc.. SO mine is really anything white (starch and sugar and sugar substitutes) caused this. I must have a sensitivity to digesting these things...

A process of elimination and documenting your food intake will help. I will add usually after a nights sleep I have deflated and then it starts all over again..
  • livehealthier1
    livehealthier1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    constipation maybe ..but breads and also dairy will cause bloat
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    trying taking metamucil for a couple of days to see if you can clear out your intestines. also make sure you are sleeping enough. having proper wake/sleep cycles helps to keep you regular.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I usually attribute mine to dairy. I've also noticed it after eating certain vegetables, like broccoli.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Are you eating things with "added fiber?" Any of the Fiber One, Special K, Slim Fast, and Atkins bars will make me bloat really bad. The "added protein" usually makes me nauseous.
  • nireland1103
    Options
    I have that issue constantly! I was frustrated because I eat healthy and totally blow up! I would expect it from eating McDonald's or something, but turkey and a salad? I found out I have IBS-C. (The C stands for constipation. Yay.) So, unfortunately, it affects everything I eat, no matter how healthy.

If anything you eat binds you up, and you know you drink enough water, you may want to look up IBS. You never know.

• lukne
    lukne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had to eliminate dairy from my diet to keep my stomach flat.